Allergies anyone?

Jezza

I recently had some allergy testing done (and a test for h.pylori) because aside from the HH that's been haunting me for about a decade now I had started to develop some other discomforts as well (bloating, pains in my chest/belly, dry mouth while not on meds).

The h.pylori came back positive but I don't think it has anything to do with the HH.

However, I also had some positive allergy tests ('6 stars' for dustmite, 4 stars for both tree pollen and gras pollen and a mild food allergy for egg). All of these are type I allergies. Now I've read allergies cause certain vaso active to be released into particularly the skin, and I highly suspect (and it's partly confirmed by research) that vasodilation and sweating are 2 sides of the same coin...

So my question; anyone else has some notable allergies?

Vecis

I have allergy against cats. My brother has a cat, both grandfathers have a cat. When I attend them I get sick after one day because the cat feathers are all around the house. I had test and it showed that I have allergy against dust. Its bad because I have books all around the house. I am also lazy because I hate vacuum cleaning and that is making conflicts with my parents who wants to clean dust every week. But I am used to dust allergy.

cm123

Hey Jezza,
I also had allergy testing done. I was rated high on almost every tree, shrub, etc! It is terrible. I take an allergy medicine that side affect is dry skin, but it does little to help with my hh. I have just posted a few new topics though. I think we should jointly look into Diltiazem as a possible cure. It has been very promising in some studies for HH....

Jezza

Are there any new studies on diltiazem or just that one with the family members?

Anyway I found something interesting about the allergies that I already knew but didn't connect to sweating at first. Allergies induce the release of histamine and C-fibers are essential parts of vasodilation and sweating in skin (this I knew). But I didn't know histamine activates symphatetic C-fibers in skin.

Peripheral nerve diseases - Google Boeken

Unfortunately there's not all that much research out there about histamine in relation to sweating, I know I tried cyproheptadine which is, among others, an antihistamine with no succes, but I took that primarily to try it out as a serotonergic blocker so the dosage might not have been relevant for the purpose of being an antihistamine agent.

C-fibers are also connected to CGRP. In fact I think a lot of the cascade that causes eccrine sweating is already clear...they just haven't tried and connect it to hyperhidrosis yet.

Last edited:

cm123

Are there any new studies on diltiazem or just that one with the family members?

Anyway I found something interesting about the allergies that I already knew but didn't connect to sweating at first. Allergies induce the release of histamine and C-fibers are essential parts of vasodilation and sweating in skin (this I knew). But I didn't know histamine activates symphatetic C-fibers in skin.

Peripheral nerve diseases - Google Boeken

Unfortunately there's not all that much research out there about histamine in relation to sweating, I know I tried cyproheptadine which is, among others, an antihistamine with no succes, but I took that primarily to try it out as a serotonergic blocker so the dosage might not have been relevant for the purpose of being an antihistamine agent.

C-fibers are also connected to CGRP. In fact I think a lot of the cascade that causes eccrine sweating is already clear...they just haven't tried and connect it to hyperhidrosis yet.

That was the only study I could find. Regarding the relation to allergies and histamine we should create a poll on this forum asking how many HH suffers have allergies and if they take medicine for it etc.

I take several anti-histamines but none of them ever eliminated my sweating hmmm.

Interesting fact:

C fiber warming specific receptors

* responsible for warmth

Rexus

I have dust mite allergies as well... Doesn't that mean antihistamines should stop our sweating? I'll try one out tomorrow.

Jezza

I have dust mite allergies as well... Doesn't that mean antihistamines should stop our sweating? I'll try one out tomorrow.

As a doctor would say: it could be one of many factors influencing sweating. But as cm says he used a bunch of antihistamines and none killed the HH, which is not to say it couldn't work, but if it would then still the dosage necessary and the best method to apply are unknown.

gvfuz

I have also dust allergy.
I had went to an acupuncturist this year for my hyperhidrosis. That was an ear acupuncture. He told me that my histamin level is high and he also commented about an imbalance on my prostaglandin level. He also told me that my serotonin level is low.

(Unfortunately, acupuncture sessions didn't help me significantly. An interesting thing was that I have a brown little fleck on my ear which was one of the points on which needle must be applied. He couldn't use that point in order to not damage it. Another person who tried the same acupuncturist has relief on his first session.)

*Amy*

:eek: I didn't jnow there were so many people allergic to dust! I'm one of these too. I once read in a book that shy children have more tendency towards allergies than non-shy children. I'm not a child anymore, of course, but still I think it may be realted in some way.

Yes We Can

I'm allergic to pollen and cat hair. I probably have more allergies, but those are the ones that I'm aware of. What's interesting about that is, I use to feed stray cats as a kid growing up. I use to feed them from my window, I wasn't really close to them so maybe that's why it didn't affect me too much. I do remember once being in a house where a cat was present, and I had an allergic reaction that made me look as though I were coming down with a terrible cold. The sad part is, I actually like cats.

Felgen

I'm allergic to pollen. It sucks, because there's plenty of pollen along the Norwegian coastal line in the summer.

gvfuz

By the way, I went to an dermatologist last week because of dandruff and some hair loss on my scalp and eczema on my face. I asked her about my hyperhidrosis. She told me that the reason is the personality (being shy, quiet etc.) I didn't argue with her but I am almost sure that all allergies (including eczema, dandruff), hyperhidrosis and our personality are related and have a physical explanation in our body. Hyperhidrosis has impact on our personality but the personality cannot be the reason. My hands sweat when I watch my favourite soccer team's game. My friend gets excited just like me but his hands don't sweat at all. It has to have a physical explanation. We are reacting same but our bodies are reacting differently.
Western medicine isn't giving me any hope about it. They are focusing on to remove the symptoms without finding the source of the disease.

I think this is a good topic. Allergies and hyperhidrosis may be related. If we can remove the allergies, may be hyperhidrosis may disappear. I don't know if bioresonance is a reliable method to cure allergies but I heard a story about it. A girl was having allergy to cow milk and some other things. She was having sweaty hands, too. She tries bioresonance to cure the allergies and after the treatment allergies are cured and her hyperhidrosis disappeared. I have read it on the web.

Do you know anyone with hyperhidrosis and without any allergies?

Last edited: