all-nighter?

tdgower2

Ok, its midnight here in England, i'm not feeling too tired, and i'm worried that i haven't revised enough for my exam. The exam starts at 9.30 tomorrow morning and lasts 3 hours. So basically what i'm wondering is should i pull an all-nighter or not?
I've got all the goodies for it, red bulls, food etc, but of course i might get too hyper or start to feel sleepy in the early hours of the morning. But if i do go to sleep i'm afraid that i'll forget some of the information. So maybe it's best if i sleep til 6 and then revise for a couple of hours before the test.
What do people think?

hippiechild

It's fun to experiment with sleep and see what happens when you go without sleeping for a an extended period of time... but it sucks when you need to do it. I can't stand being pressured to sacrifice my sleep

I'm always disturbed by how impaired a lack of sleep can make me. After sleeping 3 hours a week I will try to make a conversation and end up saying the whole sentence out of order and slurred. Other times I end up tripping and falling on my face during the most basic of physical activity....awful :x

I hope you did well =)

nephatitus

ive done it a few times now
and its GREAT!

from lack of sleep over 24 hrs i feel very very cold but it can be remedied by wearing a hat but thats not all

i also get this needles and pins feel all over my body (which is probably some minor vessels exploding) and i am in constant pain

i have a feeling i will be doing this again in the not too far future

Even though this is already over with I'm gonna say something anyways. When I don't sleep for a night I actually feel much more energetic the next day, than compared with a day where I slept fine. Maybe it's because I'm never tired and I don't need much sleep and stuff, but maybe that's just a weird reaction. Be careful with your sleep though! From like not sleeping at all for 3 days and maybe sleeping 1 or 2 hours a night for a month prior totally ruined my sleep schedule! Staying up just a nnight to study won't do any harm :)