Alcohol doesn’t do anything for me!

phoenix1

I was wondering if I am the only person out there that my brain is so hardwired that not even alcohol can change my SA or my anxieties. I hear people talk about how they don’t remember what they do when they are drunk. I remember every single excruciating detail to the point of passing out. The second before I collapse, I am still worrying about absolutely everything – such as if my car is blocking anyone outside or if I can find a nice place to collapse so I wont be in the way or what would people think if they saw me like that. Am I so hardwired that not even alcohol can help me let go?

With every drink of alcohol, I simply watch my body slow down and the lights dim around me, but my mind is unfortunately always in control and always worrying and always aware. I know by previous threads that alcohol really does help lower SA for most people here (despite the problems associated with it) but is there anyone out there that can relate to it having basically no effect at all on your mind?

I sooooo long to lose control for just a few seconds. It might sound strange, but I would love it if I could go insane! Anything to stop the constant awareness and worries. I cant even remember a time when I could just let go and not think about the consequences no matter how tired, how drunk or even stoned I am.

I know I’m probably an extreme freak with this but is there anyone out there that can relate to wanting so bad to let go even for a second, but never being able to no matter the circumstances?

dzerklis

dont worry, youre not the only one, its like that for me too.
i've tried 2 benzos so far and they dont work for me either..

Danfalc

Banned
Hiya..

Umm i can relate a little,theres times when ive got drunk and it hasnt touched my anxiety at all i just felt physicaly different or just tired weirdly enough... or im still anxious and none talkative but the drink makes me kinda not care.And as for getting stoned that makes me so much worse.. it makes me so panicky and paranoid and i get like rushing thoughts is actualy really scary.. yet i know some people who it calms down so ya know things affect people differently and ya might just be unlucky in that beer doesnt do anything for your anxiety.

But also i have got smashed and been anxiety free sorta, had a good time and a laugh with the people i was out with felt talkative and confident for once.What affects it for me.. is like the mood i was in before i started drinking.. the place and the company i was in,for me these play just as much a part as the actual getting tanked,so maybe thats somthing you could try looking at i dunno,hope ya figure somthing out anyway and ya not being a freak about it all its hard having somthing constantly whioch ya cant like have a break from.

BornAgain

i dont know if this is the best advice, actually, its horrible advice. Nut anyways, if you want to lose control or completely lose your SA for at least an hour, try ecstacy or cocaine. Although its not a good idea to mess with powerful drugs like those, it will eliminate your SA for alittle, garunteed! Well, those are my 2 cents.

Danfalc

Banned
I know born agains already said it aint a good idea to mess with powerfull drugs,but with extacy and cocaine being stimulants they can make ya anxiety worse for a while after,plus what go's up must come down and when you do come down they can make you feel very depressed.

ikemikes15

:evil: I know SA and everything can be very hard on you but trust me cocaine and exstacy is not the route you wanna go, I've heard stories that if tried once using powerful drugs like those you can die instantly

BornAgain

ikemikes15 said:
:evil: I know SA and everything can be very hard on you but trust me cocaine and exstacy is not the route you wanna go, I've heard stories that if tried once using powerful drugs like those you can die instantly

thats actually very untrue, especially about dying instantly. Very few people actually die on ecsatcy, most people who do just bought some pill that wasnt pure MDMA, or they just did something stupid and hurt themselves, OR they died of dehydration.

With coke, you could never die instantly if it was pure coke, or even if it was cut with non-toxic agents. People only die on coke if they overdose, or do something stupid and hurt themselves.

Those are my 2 cents

ash_2001

Phoenix and dzerklis may not be as unlucky as we think, after all, there are many social phobics out there that easily become alcohol dependent when they discover the wonders that alcohol can do to their anxiety. Unfortunately in the long run, everything else in their body gets affected too, only not so wonderfully.

Alcohol, naturally being a depressant had a few times done just that to me, other times it wasn't so bad then it made me to just not care about any of my typical worries.

try ecstacy or cocaine. Although its not a good idea to mess with powerful drugs like those, it will eliminate your SA for alittle, garunteed!

Isn't cocaine MUCH more powerful than ecstacy?? At least that's what I always thought...

Regarding comedowns, who would've thought, but apparently some web site decided to make money by selling the so-called "After E" and "After C" pills. :lol: I find that kind of amusing. Check it out, if you don't believe me: http://www.potseeds.co.uk/afterparty/index.htm

Oh and speaking of drugs that make your anxiety worse... Has anyone ever tried shrooms? I hear that it can be a hell of a trip for an anxious mind to take. 8O Does anyone have any stories to share :?:

BornAgain

ash_2001 said:
Phoenix and dzerklis may not be as unlucky as we think, after all, there are many social phobics out there that easily become alcohol dependent when they discover the wonders that alcohol can do to their anxiety. Unfortunately in the long run, everything else in their body gets affected too, only not so wonderfully.

Alcohol, naturally being a depressant had a few times done just that to me, other times it wasn't so bad then it made me to just not care about any of my typical worries.

try ecstacy or cocaine. Although its not a good idea to mess with powerful drugs like those, it will eliminate your SA for alittle, garunteed!

Isn't cocaine MUCH more powerful than ecstacy?? At least that's what I always thought...

Regarding comedowns, who would've thought, but apparently some web site decided to make money by selling the so-called "After E" and "After C" pills. :lol: I find that kind of amusing. Check it out, if you don't believe me: http://www.potseeds.co.uk/afterparty/index.htm

Oh and speaking of drugs that make your anxiety worse... Has anyone ever tried shrooms? I hear that it can be a hell of a trip for an anxious mind to take. 8O Does anyone have any stories to share :?:

hey man, if u wanna talk shrooms, coke, E, or weed, just pm me! :D i dont do that shit no more, but have many, many intersting stories......

IceLad

People often comment that they've never seen me drunk. The truth is that I may of had a few, but even after a few, I still find it very difficult to let my 'mask' slip. :?

thugaveli

I used to get a feeling of euphoria and was able to interact with people a lot better than i do sober, it just took my mind away i suppose i did still worry but it didn't bother me it didnt get to me like it usually does

Drinking alcohol made me accept everything that was going on without my mind having to question it or see situations being dangerous

Unfortunatly i hardly ever experience this feeling now with alcohol, it just makes me paranoid

Even if i do experience euphoria the paranoia follows not long after so i rarely drink now
I love a pint, i love the taste so its a shame really, im gaggin right now lol

Alcohol is evil :oops: :roll:

dandan

I used to have relief from my SA when I would drink more than 2 or 3 drinks. Now, it does nothing whatsoever for me SA wise. What a waste of alchohol and a waste of time.

frizboy

Interestingly, the way alcohol works on the brain, it should pretty much be a wonderdrug against anxiety. That said, if you build up a tolerance to it, yes, you may begin not to see those effects. I can also see people not responding to it for various other reasons as well.

I find that I'm pretty much only relaxed when I drink. I'm a lightweight and I drink the cheapest vodka ever, so I have a lot "anxiety medicine" at the ready most of the time ;) I don't drink often though, just whenever I have people over to the apartment... lol... I actually remember there was some kind of informational meeting for the psychology honor fraternity at my university, and I went to it buzzed. Had a blast and a half, even talked about my dad with one of my profs. Then 30 minutes later... I was like "I gotta get the f out of here!" Hehehe.

coolbreeze1532

Obviously you guys dont know a freaking thing about drugs. Ecstasy and cocaine can cause some of the highest levels of anxiety and paranoia a person can experience. These drugs can also lead to more severe mental disorders especially X. Someone with an anxiety disorder, these drugs would not be a good idea to try to use in a social situation, trust me it would only make things alot worse, and cause you to freak out alot worse,than what you normally would, those type of drugs make you even more aware and sensitive to your surroundings, that's why they are considered stimulants. I'm calling you out bornagain you've either fried your brain or you have no clue what your talking by telling people to do E and coke for SA. Benzo's or alcohol have always worked great for me. Trust me guy's, I know what I'am talkin about, do not go that route, it will only lead to worse problems.

BornAgain

coolbreeze1532 said:
Obviously you guys dont know a freaking thing about drugs. Ecstasy and cocaine can cause some of the highest levels of anxiety and paranoia a person can experience. These drugs can also lead to more severe mental disorders especially X. Someone with an anxiety disorder, these drugs would not be a good idea to try to use in a social situation, trust me it would only make things alot worse, and cause you to freak out alot worse,than what you normally would, those type of drugs make you even more aware and sensitive to your surroundings, that's why they are considered stimulants. I'm calling you out bornagain you've either fried your brain or you have no clue what your talking by telling people to do E and coke for SA. Benzo's or alcohol have always worked great for me. Trust me guy's, I know what I'am talkin about, do not go that route, it will only lead to worse problems.

Edited: Personal attacks are not permitted.

frizboy

Ok... well...

FACT ecstasy and cocaine are dangerous... actually, using ex just once will decrease serotonin transmission in the brain permanently... the opposite of what an SSRI does (but you're right about the temporary effect)
FACT when you come down from them you will experience anxiety and dysphoria... that's the withdrawal effects
FACT calling someone a retard is generally not a good idea, especially when you're trying to convince people of a point.

Have a nice day.

BornAgain

frizboy said:
Ok... well...

FACT ecstasy and cocaine are dangerous... actually, using ex just once will decrease serotonin transmission in the brain permanently... the opposite of what an SSRI does (but you're right about the temporary effect)
FACT when you come down from them you will experience anxiety and dysphoria... that's the withdrawal effects
FACT calling someone a retard is generally not a good idea, especially when you're trying to convince people of a point.

Have a nice day.

Edited: Personal attacks are not permitted.

frizboy

I laughed out loud honestly. There is SOOOO much evidence that ecstasy causes permanent damage. That's the one thing keeping a lot of people back from trying it, including myself. It's also why it's relatively unpopular (compared to other drugs anyway). I don't care about some random dude's opinion. I care about what science has to say, because science doesn't deal with just one random ecstasy user. It deals with a lot... usually hundreds per study.

For a review about ecstasy, see:
Author(s): Gold, Mark S. ; Tabrah, Haleh ; Frost-Pineda, Kimberly
Title: Psychopharmacology of MDMA (Ecstasy).
Source: Psychiatric Annals Special Issue: Contemporary issues in addiction psychiatry. Vol 31(11) (Nov 2001): 675-681

Oh yea, did you know in the long-term ecstasy makes you more aggressive? Wait, I guess that's pretty obvious to you isn't it.

You're right about me being a square though, so +10 points for you.