again it occurs

mfs

well it happened again... i had been going good living life w/o too much obsessing, not much worry average but not extreme.... my fears of being a bad person and a pedophile had decreased, then when i was hanging out with my friend his sister had a friend over they were both like 16 so it didnt worry too much that i found them attractive but then i saw a picture of his sister when she was younger like 10ish and at first i knew it could be a trigger, i had no arousal but it seemed like i found her good looking and i kept asking myself if i was attracted to her... to the point i wasn't sure if i was sexually attracted.... this sucks

Fitchy

Mfs!!! Come on buddy re read everything i have written you and others. Remember its okay to think a child is good looking, youthink she is cute now so obviously she was a cute kid. You said it yourself you did not get aroused.. its just your ocd. Thats it!!! Are you still in cbt? How is it going?? You wouldnt be coming on here and telling everyone about this huge burden and fear that you have if it were real. If it were real you wouldnt care and you wouldnt tlk about it for sure because then youd be giving it away. You are okay!

mfs

cbt is alright... it is making my smaller problems better but it doesnt help the fact that i always think something is wrong with me

Fitchy

I understand but in this post you told us that the thoughts began going away. So if they did once thats for a reason. Reason being you didnt have any triggers and you realizwd for a bit that you werent what your intrusive thoughts wqnt you to believe. If it got better once it can again. Do you have worksheets you can do?? Like to write out your fears and then write dow whether its fiction or fact, whether its based on truth or feeling, whether your doing emotional reasoning and that stuff. That could really help you.

Fitchy

And sometimes i worry that you getting responses from all of these people may make it worse. Some havent experienced what your going thru, so they dont know exactly whats going on and may react differently than someone who has had the same thoughts as you and same fears.

mfs

i dont have worksheets but i do appreciate the concern, most ppl understand what i am going through however some ppl read it and think im a pedophile so its mixed... however just today i saw a preteen and i think i might have found her attractive... im not sure though

nafadda

I just fear that the way you seem to be obsessing over this you may eventually act on it.

and IMO it's FAR from healthy.

Iluv

It sounds a lot like obsessive compulsive from what I am hearing. I remember watching an episode of that show.. Obsessed I think it's called and this girl was paranoid she was reading the papers of people dying and she was going to go kill people from it. It sounds a lot like that, you are paranoid over what you think you might do. It's not healthy. MY advice is seek help .

Fitchy

I just dont agree with the person two people above me. I kniw how this is i have experienced it i get it i promise you. This obsession cant turn into it. How could it when the obsession is about how wrong it is and how bad you dont wwnt this to happen. People who do this i dont believe would feel bad about it and be writing on here. Also why would there be so many other people like you out there who have these obsessions. Im telling you its ocd.. soon you will get over this bsession and be afraid you have aids or something. So keep working on this. I can write you out some sheets or try and find em on the net for yu?? Ask your counselor. You dont need to feel like tthis for forever. And like i said you are getting lots of different feedback from lots oof people. These are all just opinions. But some have been thru it some have not, some have studied it some have not. So some responses are gonna trigger it and thats what ur ocd wants. It wants to find a trigger to obsess over and feel bad over. Ocd wants to laugh in your face. Dont let it.

Marlena11

I just fear that the way you seem to be obsessing over this you may eventually act on it.

and IMO it's FAR from healthy.

This is a classic OCD thought ^^ One of the things we have to realize is that there is a huge fundamental difference between thinking something and acting on it. Just because we have a fleeting thought that may be troubling it doesn't necessarily hold meaning about us as a person. Everyone here should look up "thought-action fusion" and how it relates to OCD. mfs, you are worried about being a pedophile because you would never want to harm a child. You have a few things to do when it comes to tackling your anxiety, and you are not a pedophile.