afraid of birthday party coming up

My partner will be turning 23 at 27'th of march and i'm very anxious about it. Also happy for her that she will have a good day so i will try to stay strong and be a good companion. But I have a hard time that she has a lot of friends and i think she probably invites them all over, and also a few of her family. So that will be loads of people. We probably will do drinking games, that's a tradition she does a lot of times so i think she will do that on her bday party. I hope I can drink a lot lol :p But still, how can I prepare myself for this? I still have a month to prepare. Any tips and suggestions?

NamiraWilhelm

Maybe don't see it as something to dread, but a fab opportunity to put your budding social skills into use?

Maybe there are particular things you struggle with? Like say, initiating conversations? You could set yourself little goals like 'I'm going to initiate conversations with five different people.' As the party will be at your shared place, you'll be the host right? So that gives you a good start, you can initiate conversations by asking guests to take their coats or offer drinks etc. :)

Make the best of it and see it as an opportunity, is what I'm saying :thumbup: