affraid of becoming schizophrenic

alter_ego

Well, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think I am) to be truly schizophrenic don't you have to be unable to empathise with other people...? Don't you have to not care if you see someone get hurt, not cry if you see something really sad, not worry about what someone else is feeling...?

Hmm, if you don't care about what anyone else thinks or does, what the hell makes you think you're socially phobic then? I'd say there's a strong chance NOBODY who posted in this thread is schizophrenic.

Well, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think I am) to be truly schizophrenic don't you have to be unable to empathise with other people...? Don't you have to not care if you see someone get hurt, not cry if you see something really sad, not worry about what someone else is feeling...?

Hmm, if you don't care about what anyone else thinks or does, what the hell makes you think you're socially phobic then? I'd say there's a strong chance NOBODY who posted in this thread is schizophrenic.

You're thinking of schizoid personality disorder, which is about a lack of empathy and desire to be with people. The terminology is kind of confusing. Schizophrenia is more about disordered thinking and losing touch with reality.

Anyway, the point of the thread was that the early symptoms are similar to intense anxiety and people get scared they're going to develop schizophrenia, especially if there is a history of it in their family.