Advice really needed! About dating...

misterF

Ok so I was at a coffee shop this afternoon and the girl at the counter, who was my age, asked me if I lived here. I said "yeah" and she asked me some other stuff and then my name. So I told her, asked hers and then she said "see you tomorrow" and corrected herself to say "see you soon". Because of my social anxiety I very rarely date so I don't trust my judgment on this kind of stuff.
Do you think she was really interested in me and I should ask her out or am I reading too much into this?

Remus

Staff member
sounds interested yes, though working in a coffee shop myself, we are encouraged to "befreind" customers (which none of us do unless we want to)

good on you for sticking with it, with me in those circumstances.... "Remus has left the building"

JonnyD

i know how sa can be a biatch for this kind of thing...

once a girl started a small talk and clearly told me: "you know, i don't have a boyfriend." you know what i did? nothing. :oops:

so my best advice is, trusth your feeling and be prepared to make mistakes. you learn by making mistakes, not avoiding them.

misterF

Yes Remus that's why I'm doubting myself, is she just doing her job or is she really interested in me? I can't decide...

Jonny, I can't tell you how many times I think I've had missed opportunities like you described sa can put so much doubt into your mind it's crazy. My first reaction was to be very happy but then I started over analyzing each words she said and now I'm doubting myself. Your advice is great though so thank you so much for encouraging me, I'm scared like crazy but I'm going to try and see what happens.

bleach

Banned
There is no point in asking us how someone else feels. We can't know any more than you can. The only way to know is ask for her number and see what she says. Isn't that fun? :)

misterF

If obsessing about it for a day and a half is fun then it sure is!

Well I can't believe it but I actually went back today and asked her her number and she gave it to me! The nervousness is creeping back in now tough as I'm starting to obsess about when I should call her and all that stuff. I'm really proud of myself though, this is a rare victory against my social phobia and it just shows that sometimes we just have to take risks. Thanks to all that replied to the thread, you really encouraged me to take action and it paid off!