Advice please

MBinMN

I have the opportunity to interview for a huge medical company for a network ****yst position. Better pay, better benefits.

Negatives -
For the last 5 years I have had a position working from home 100% of the time(being paid minimal, and crappy benefits) I would have to work in office full time. I do not do well in a office environment. Anxiety is so high I become almost insane. I end up calling in sick alot and its just not good. Yet I want to try?? I just dont know if I can do it.

Also Its 40 miles away...long commute.

What do I do...

Did I mention its $15,000 more a year than what I am currently making???

Crap crap crap :crying:

Steppen-Wolf

I don't anyone else can say what you're capable of, only you know that.

It's a huge risk but it's also a huge reward. Aren't you tired of being home all day every day?, don't you miss having more human contact?, it could be useful to also look at as a chance to improve your life in more than one way.

ImNotMyIllness

Hmmmm, doesn't sound like you're quite ready. Unless you do therapy in conjunction, it might be overwhelming.

But, if you're able to go back to what you're doing if it doesn't work out, I say go for it. Just keep in mind, it won't be easy.

Good Luck!

You could take the first step of going for the interview, you don't have to accept the position, it could give you the chance to see the layout of the office, etc, as there could be aspects of it that make it a more comfortable place to work in.

MBinMN

I'm doing the interview on Monday...we shall see how it goes. Now what to wear and say?????

sahxox

I can relate... I think it's one of those things where if you don't do it, you will feel like you've missed a big opportunity, and the realisation of SP's restrictions may make you feel depressed.
But if you do, it will be a risk as Steppen-Wolf said. You have to go there prepared to tackle anxiety. It can be done, but it takes a shitload of patience and perseverance. It could be just the opportunity you need. I'm still not sure whether to give law school a go or not for the same reasons (as well as classroom anxiety) but these are my thoughts on the matter anyway. All the best.