Advice on vegetarian food

hardy

Hii

I have become a vegan recently and was looking for some easy to cook good(n healthy) vegetarian stuff...if any of you can give me some suggestions??

Last edited:

MNM322

I've been meat free nearly 20 years.. not vegan though but I can try to help?

I really like this pasta. You just heat up the noodles... add peas and mayo (veganese) and enjoy. Simple but very good.

If you go to the store, buy any products from Amy's. They are so good! It will even say on the back if its vegan.

I can't cook. So I mostly buy predone foods and eat them. Spaghetti is good too though, and add what you wish to it.

Then I make this rice dish sometimes. Rice, blackbeans, dairy free cheese, taco sauce and whatever veggies you like... very good.

truffleshuffle

I really like this pasta. You just heat up the noodles... add peas and mayo (veganese) and enjoy. Simple but very good.

If you go to the store, buy any products from Amy's. They are so good! It will even say on the back if its vegan.

I can't cook. So I mostly buy predone foods and eat them. Spaghetti is good too though, and add what you wish to it.

Then I make this rice dish sometimes. Rice, blackbeans, dairy free cheese, taco sauce and whatever veggies you like... very good.

I am not a vegan or anything but that food sounds so good. I am constanly looking for pasta ideas and other things like stuff done with rice just for my health, been trying to lose weight and get back into a better shape like when I actualy played sports. so far amost dropped 30 pounds, but You have to be carful with prossessed foods like cheeze. I get alot of kidney stones and I found out that some of it was becasue of the prossessed foods I was eating. I hate cooking although I can cook so I bought alot of predon and prossessed stuff and found out after having a couple of operations for kidney stones that It was in part because of the prossessed stuff. That rice dish sounds amazing I love rice and beans type stuff I think I will have to try that out.

MNM322

@truffleshuffle

Ever heard of a resturant called Qdoba? Thats where the rice idea came from. They have a similar item there but its nearly 7$ so I was like, I am gonna make my own version. I change it up all the time but its good. My brother even likes it.

My aunt also has told me how to make vegetarian chilli which is nice for cold days.

truffleshuffle

@truffleshuffle

Ever heard of a resturant called Qdoba? Thats where the rice idea came from. They have a similar item there but its nearly 7$ so I was like, I am gonna make my own version. I change it up all the time but its good. My brother even likes it.

My aunt also has told me how to make vegetarian chilli which is nice for cold days.
No cant say I have. I don't blame you I would make stuff like that my self too. That chilli sounds awsome. My family loves chilli and I would love to try that vegetarian chilli I am not big on chillie with alot of meat. Right now with rice I cook it with cream of mushroom soup sometimes and usualy pour it over veggies of somekind like asparagus although where I shop the only kind they hvae come in a can and I would rather have freash asparagus.

GhastlyCC

Hrm,
Well....Are you vegan or vegetarian?
They are not exactly the same thing.
And you can have certain things on a vegetarian diet that you can't on a vegan diet.
Mostly dairy Eggs,milk,cheese,yogurt
(there are ofcourse vegan versions of most all of these things.)
But there's dairy in ALOT of things. Things you might not expect.
(The same goes for things such as chicken stock....it's in everything!)
And if you want to completely abstain from any type of animal product you have to research what you eat. :p

Both vegan and vegetarian diets have a great variety of possible dishes though.

I started out as vegan a few years ago.
But decided to just be vegetarian because I like milk and eggs.
But been thinking about dropping those too lately. :p

Also,
Keep on eye on the vitamins and what not that you're taking in.
It's completely possible to get everything you need on either diet.
But it takes a little more research to find the best/most nutritious foods.

Here's a couple links that might help.
Protein in the Vegan Diet -- The Vegetarian Resource Group

Vegetarian diet: How to get the best nutrition - MayoClinic.com

Last edited:

coyote

cheetos-crunchy-salsa-con-queso.gif

truffleshuffle

Oh,
I've tried soy milk! and I like it quite alot.
I wouldn't really mind switching to it.:)

Havn't tried egg substitute though.
How is it?

lol :D
I actualy buy the egg sub more than regular eggs and I love eggs. Its not bad at all atleast I don;t think it is.

hardy

Thank you soooooooo much..:)

hardy

Hrm,
And you can have certain things on a vegetarian diet that you can't on a vegan diet.
And if you want to completely abstain from any type of animal product you have to research what you eat. :p

Also,

Bows down in appreciation...hahaha...thank you thank you...

hardy

Hrm,

Also,

Bows down in appreciation...hahaha...thank you thank you...
And yes i am vegetarian..not a vegan...sorry

hardy

I am not a vegan or anything but that food sounds so good. I am constanly looking for pasta ideas and other things like stuff done with rice just for my health, been trying to lose weight and get back into a better shape like when I actualy played sports. so far amost dropped 30 pounds, but You have to be carful with prossessed foods like cheeze. I get alot of kidney stones and I found out that some of it was becasue of the prossessed foods I was eating. I hate cooking although I can cook so I bought alot of predon and prossessed stuff and found out after having a couple of operations for kidney stones that It was in part because of the prossessed stuff. That rice dish sounds amazing I love rice and beans type stuff I think I will have to try that out.

will avoid processed foods...ty