Addicted to Chat Rooms/Message Forums...

Polly_Princess

I first started chatting online when I was 11 and now that I'm 20, I realised that I've never been without it! I've been on different forums at different times of my life (e.g. general teen forums, forums about schoolwork/college, this OCD forum e.t.c.), but they're a common theme throughout my life.

And I spend several hours a week at the expense of my life in the outside world. I've had attempts to stop before and always just ended up walking away from one forum and ending up on another within a few weeks. What should I do?

fitftw

I basically live on forums and AIM and Facebook. The majority of my day is spent on my computer. It's how I do 90-95% of my communicating with people.

EasySkankin

Yeah I can relate to that... but it's easy to get away from it, just break your computer. My brother did it for me and I lived without one for like 4 years. I'm starting to get addicted to this forum though - but I'm working on that :)

More time at home sitting in front of computer= more time for chat rooms and forums, wasting your time/life.

More time outside= less time over all on the internet, and less time in chatrooms and forums.