adderall for SA?

shakethelight

So, I used to take adderall back when I was in high-school for ADD. I stopped taking it when I finished school.

I am a diagnosed agoraphobic/SA but I am desperately trying to overcome this. My last visit my doctor changed my meds to 5mgs Valium. 20mg Adderall XR and 100mgs Zoloft. Has anyone ever tried Adderall for SA or agoraphobia? so far I feel very clear headed and almost no anxiety

I feel like my symptoms have been somewhat alleviated- I haven't even had to take the valium. I've been able to make phone calls that normally I make my mother do. Text my friends. Silly things, but it's a step I guess.

If anyone has any expierence with this please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I am glad the meds worked for you. I was given Clonazepam for my anxiety, but all it does is knocking me out.

shakethelight

I am glad the meds worked for you. I was given Clonazepam for my anxiety, but all it does is knocking me out.

I used to take that! Mine knocks me out too! I think all benzos doo. Except ativan. I wish we didn't need to take any pillls. But thank you, I hope yours are working as well.

EscapeArtist

low dopamine is known to cause a tendency to isolate, cause hermit like behaviour and shyness, as well as taking away the motivation to communicate, so I could see how the cause of your ADD and anxiety could be coming from the same cause. That said, i'm not sure about long term amphetamine use, because eventually it will just cause you to have less dopamine receptors and you'll have less dopamine than you started with, but it's an interesting short term solution, maybe as an emergency usage type thing?

shakethelight

low dopamine is known to cause a tendency to isolate, cause hermit like behaviour and shyness, as well as taking away the motivation to communicate, so I could see how the cause of your ADD and anxiety could be coming from the same cause. That said, i'm not sure about long term amphetamine use, because eventually it will just cause you to have less dopamine receptors and you'll have less dopamine than you started with, but it's an interesting short term solution, maybe as an emergency usage type thing?

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Like I explained to my doctor its like there's a tv playing in my head & someone keeps changing the channel. The Adderall gives me clarity. I think I will take your advice though, I will only take it as needed so it's not something I become dependent on.

I don't understand why most doctors won't proscribe it, it saved my life in highschool & it's saving me now again.