Acupuncture for anxiety

I'm curious about this also. I've always considered it a interesting form of therapy and how/in what ways it is effective.

Dinosaur

I've had it for a problem disc in my back....I can certainly see how it could help anxiety as I do usually feel pretty relaxed after it.

honestjeenn

I've had it for a problem disc in my back....I can certainly see how it could help anxiety as I do usually feel pretty relaxed after it.

Oh wow and thanks so much for giving us a tip... At least this helps to some patients though.

mikebird

Banned
I had lots of it when migraine was my main problem.

Acu felt OK. Didn't do anything.

I think my natural anxiety caused my migraine. Migraine was a perfect description / symptom / cause / panic attack trigger, all round, in circles, of each... biting tails.

I was willing to have a go. After months, I wish I hadn't tried acu. £30 per session

Breakthru point in life was pure freedom from migraine. If still no migraine this November, that'll be 3 years. I thought that would never be possible.

honestjeenn

I have my first acupunture yesterday and since have my period, the acupuncturist just put 5 needles in my ear, he said that is for my anxiety.

I feel relax and seem that negative thoughts and energy flew away. I mean, I feel a little better.

Hope earning much with online job... I will do this weekly. Why not try guys?

neardeath

I heard a doctor in my town speak about acupuncture for mental illness just last night! She cited many case studies and is having good results. Too bad her services aren't picked up by insurance. I kept her card and will think about trying it at some point.

honestjeenn

I heard a doctor in my town speak about acupuncture for mental illness just last night! She cited many case studies and is having good results. Too bad her services aren't picked up by insurance. I kept her card and will think about trying it at some point.

Neardeath, you need to try it... My mom have ulcer and she eventually told me that after the needle was pulled out, she felt good.

I recommend this to you guys who have this anxiety disorders.

My energy level increases today. :)

honestjeenn

that's good to know! I'm glad you're feeling better, too.

Thanks! I just researched online and glad that I have read about this acupuncture for anxiety..

I hope that my agoraphobic will be gone too... This treatment is really a blessing to me.

Last edited:

SkellaMoon

I had acupuncture several weeks after my first panic attacks. I saw a special rate for 6 sessions on groupon so I gave it a try. If you've ever been then you'll know that they do a very in depth interview with you (seriously, you have to describe your poop). I told her that my main problems were general and social anxiety, the recent panic attacks, depression, and back pain. I didn't really want to know which needles did what because I wanted to minimize any placebo effect as much as possible. In all, I had about 12 sessions.

She really helped my back pain while I was going, but it's been several months and it's back like it used to be.

I am not sure whether it helped my anxiety or mental problems. The sessions themselves were great for simply relaxing. It was very expensive relaxation, but it was really worth it for me. My acupuncturist was awesome at making the room smell just right (aromatherapy) and the right music and she'd remind me to "think about all the good things in my life" and "think about what makes me happy". Then it was an hour of relaxation. I think those elements helped my anxiety. I'm not sure if the needles helped, though. Maybe I could have had the same experience laying there without the needles?

She always put needles in ears, it seems like the left ear got more needles than the right. I sometimes got some on my scalp. Usually one between my eyebrows. Usually a few on my legs and arms. Sometimes she'd put a lot on my back. She also used the "cupping" technique--sort of a very intense massage using cups--which leaves bruises. She also did a Chinese massage sometimes.

So in conclusion, I don't regret acupuncture. My acupuncturist was very good at making me feel comfortable and relaxed. She was kind of like my secondary therapist for a while because she has a good outlook on life and gave me some good things to think about. I didn't like talking to her at first, but after a while I could talk to her more openly and it was really nice. I think the act of going there 12 times and talking to her helped my social anxiety a little bit. I don't know, maybe the needles helped too? *shrugs*

When the body and mind are functioning properly, chi should flow through the body’s energy channels. These channels are called meridians and are located at certain points throughout the body.

Husgen

Its really great to panic attack, my dad had it before and he tried acupunture and he saw great results :D But of course not just the acunputure will cure someone, need change a whole life style, habits and thinkings .

Diend

acupuncture did not help in the long run. i actually had a nervous breakdown because of the sharp needles. the relaxed state feels more like being drugged.