actors get nervous too!!

mariecherrie

i saw this vid on youtube and thought i would share.. i love julia roberts, as i do a lot of actors/actresses.. its like they are the type of "extroverts" that don't get on your nerves. i am actually a lot like them- at least have similar opinions as them- or at least can understand why they say what they do/act how they do. no matter what though most people admire them.. why not? they are happy, most give back, and most people would like their kind of lifestyle.. anyway, i say that to say this, a lot of people don't take in consideration they are a lot like us..

anyway this vid is from the oscars- it was julia roberts first to win, and you can tell (actually i didnt notice, but some one commented) that she was nervous. like i said, i did not notice, but if you realize that before watching it.. wait for her to show signs of being nervous. yeah, once watching it you see she is. but reason for showing this is, look at how happy she is. you don't, or at least i didnt, notice as much her nervousness just because who she is radiated THRU her nervousness. her happiness and good nature is what i notice, and if she happens to be nervous.. who cares, you still cant help but love what shes saying and like her as a person. (what i'm saying is, you wouldnt DISLIKE her / think she's weak or weird only because of her being nervous. actually, she even notices shes nervous but doesnt care

well anyway see for yourself!

YouTube - Julia Roberts winning an Oscar®

SilentType

Banned
Most people, with or without anxiety disorder, would be nervous getting on stage in front of thousands of people and millions of tv viewers to accept an award.

There are actually actors who actually have anxiety and panic disorders. Some examples of these just off the top of my head include Burt Reynolds, Kim Basinger, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, and Anthony Hopkins.

Anxiety disorders don't care if you're famous. They effect every population.

Peace

Ashiene

Everyone will be nervous from time to time. If you don't get nervous, I don't think you're human :O

But the difference between normal people who get nervous and Social Phobics who get nervous is that normal people dont spend all their time worrying about getting nervous before acting or presentation or performance, etc, unlike us.

mariecherrie

I can't even watch it. It makes me nervous watching other people be nervous.

thats my point, she was nervous but people look up to her for so many other reasons...

so what she got nervous in front of a few million people watching her in person and on tv... she has so much going for her people (at least i do and my friends, if i asked them) would say the same thing.

i guess part of what i am getting at with noticing this is... focus on the good you have going for you. and if you are nervous (like julia roberts REALLY WAS here...) it won't be such a big deal.

like i said, good personality and inner beauty... shes got them and it makes up for any jitters anyone would have, whether its in front of tons of people, or a class presentation.

mariecherrie

Everyone will be nervous from time to time. If you don't get nervous, I don't think you're human :O

But the difference between normal people who get nervous and Social Phobics who get nervous is that normal people dont spend all their time worrying about getting nervous before acting or presentation or performance, etc, unlike us.

yeah exactly, and so whats keeping a social phobic from being a "normal person" as you say? spending all their time worrying about it all.........though, if julia roberts was this nervous during her acceptance speech, i'm guessing she WAS WORRIED before, or at least spent time thinking about it enough to make her nervous...

theres really not a difference its all perception. focus on your strengths so when you do get nervous like she did here, with a positive mindset... that nervousness will be shown as excitement, even though it is still your nerves...
when people are nervous in a bad way its because of their negative self-talk.
...focus on radiating good things.