Acting Classes....

nerdgirl178

I am thinking of taking Acting Courses. I am sooo scared but I think it would help me. Would anyone here be willing to take acting courses?

Kinetik

I think these sorts of things can be really helpful. A kind of "face your demons over and over" type of thing. That's probably the only real way to get over some of the problems we commonly share. Good luck to both of you.

C_jo

Acting classes might help, but they could also just bypass the problem at hand. I recently rejoined my old amatuer theatre group and landed quite a good role in the play. However, my sa is just as bad as before I joined and I seem somewhat invisible around the other cast members when I'm not onstage.

nerdgirl178

Hey C_jo I here ya...but I really would love to join because even though there is a chance that my sa could get worse, I am willing to take that risk. I am very excited just thinking about it yet I am scared at the same time. But hey, even if I look like a dumb ass, at least I tried. :roll:

C_jo

Yeh, you should go for it then. I wasn't meaning to put you off the idea, I was just putting across my account of doing it. Everyone reacts to situations in their own personal way so I hope you have the time of your life. :D

nerdgirl178

Hehehe...four years ago I had to give my first presentation in front of people at University, I literally threw up before I gave it. Doing the presentation I turned bright red :oops: then I went to the bathroom and cried :( I know...can you imagine me doing this acting?????? I have to push myself though...I mean if I faint and have to be sent to the hospital oh well. I am just sick and tired of of not doing anything about it. I will for sure let you guys know how it goes :D :D :D :D

Nubly

have you taken speech class? if you did and you did well on it, then acting classes may help. if you had a horrible time with speech class then you might want to give acting classes a second thought.

baby steps.

good luck with what you try out.

nerdgirl178

Yeah I took speech classes, they were required for my degree. I was very nervous however I pulled it off. Though acting is MUCH different I will it a try.

scatmantom

I used to do them when I was a kid before this became a problem for me. Maybe if i didnt give up it would have prevented SA from getting so serious :roll:

shipost

I used to love acting when I was in school, we did this thing infront of the school and on my part everyone laughed... but that was the point as it was meant to be funny. That made me happy :)

I say go for it.

PhantomPod

I've also been thinking of taking some sort of acting class. I really think it would help out with shyness/SA. Will probably never end up signing up for a class though... Don't quite know when I'd have the time anyhow. I think it's a great idea though, and I say you should give it a try! :D

Nice2MeetU

shipost said:
I used to love acting when I was in school

So did I :) . I also used to like doing speeches and would still like making them if I had the opportunity to do so. I guess I've never really been afraid of standing up in front of a group of people and delivering a speech or playing some character coz it's like I know they're supposed to be watching me and I also tend to block them out/look at the back of the room instead of looking at all their faces. My heart used to race a bit, though, when I first got up in front of the people for speeches, but coz I enjoyed doing it I didn't let it bother me.

I'd also like to do some acting classes, but what's putting me off is not feeling comfortable/knowing how to interact with people socially during the classes. That and I'm not sure what the age range of the classes would be, but that's another issue altogether.