About elevators

wise_wind

Hi guys,

I'm sure one of the situations that SAD sufferers struggle with is the elevator.

I do.

When i enter the elevator and there is already someone ( or a group of people ), I feel very shy and anxious (because I get worried what they'll think about me feeling shy.)

Is it okay to avoid looking at the person in the elevator (that means look at the floor or elsewhere )? I feel less anxious when not looking at others.

Will it seem weird that I dun look at that person?

Sacrament

There's no real etiquette, it's just an elevator. If it's easier, look at your phone or mp3 player.

Hi guys,

I'm sure one of the situations that SAD sufferers struggle with is the elevator.

I do.

When i enter the elevator and there is already someone ( or a group of people ), I feel very shy and anxious (because I get worried what they'll think about me feeling shy.)

Is it okay to avoid looking at the person in the elevator (that means look at the floor or elsewhere )? I feel less anxious when not looking at others.

Will it seem weird that I dun look at that person?

There have been experiments done on human behaviour in elevators, where they stand, where they look. From memory, people avoid facing each other or standing close if possible. To answer your question, based on what I've mentioned so far, its probably normal not to look at others in an elevator, so yes its ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSzCBv1-qA