Abilify and Lexapro

phobik

I just started taking (about 2.5 wks ago) Abilify once daily, 1 mg, due to prolonged depression with Paxil (50 mg) alone. Thankfully this has helped me quite a bit, but am having some problems getting to sleep. Have others experienced this?? Any tips/recommendations based on your experience with Abilify?? I also take 5 mg librium three times daily. Thanks.

neardeath

No answers for you on the meds, but I just wanted to say, Hello Wisconsin! Welcome to the forum.

lyricalliaisons

I take both Abilify (7.5mg's) and Lexapro (10mg's) and I have no trouble falling asleep. My problem is staying awake because the Abilify causes so much fatigue. It has changed and improved my life greatly, but I'm tired a lot during the day even though I take it at night.

Jordy2290

I took Abilify and Lexapro together a couple of years ago along with Remeron. I don't remember having any kind of side effects. In fact, I was doing so well with those three that I actually went off of them because I didn't think that I needed them anymore. About a year after that I learned that going off of them was a mistake as I relapsed more or less. I'm now taking Remeron and Lexapro together again. I have yet to get back on the Abilify but I fear that that's coming. Remeron's side effect for me is sleepiness and I take it at night so that possibly combated the Lexapro and Abilify's side effect! Talk to your doctor about it, they may be able to give you something that makes you sleepy.

caimbrie0027

You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Contact your doctor if you experience agitation, aggression, confusion, convulsions, muscle spasm, or movements that you can't stop or control such as lip smacking, chewing, puckering, frowning or scowling, tongue thrusting, teeth clenching, jaw twitching, blinking, eye rolling, shaking or ****ing of arms and legs, tremor, jitteriness, restlessness, pacing, and foot tapping.

Steiner

I used to take lexapro but eh didn't work out too well for me. At the time I was taking lexapro with klonopin.

For myself atm I'm taking 20mg prozac and 200mg seroquel and it's been helpful I think. I'll probably be bumping the prozac up again later. I've been on the seroquel for 2 months now and beforehand was taking effexor but was getting side effects from that.