A message of hope

luck254

First of all let me introduce myself, well i registered into this forum the last year wishing to find people with the same issues as me i was suffering a bad, bad stage in my life maybe the worst thing i had to endure yes... you guessed it is the S.A.D a bastard who luckily have gone in the last few months, i was like YOU i was experiencing the same horrible feeling of being so self conscious to the point i looked clumsy, the daily fear to go to the school was a pretty bad feeling since i had almost no people who spend my time with, all of them had their own group of friends and were very closed to the people outside their group. day after day i went by the same situation i had 2 or 3 people that i could talk with but nothing more... untill i drop out high school.. the anxiety was taking over me seriously, i am being homeschooled since the last year and with courage and fear at the same time i decided to seek professional help (i even was afraid of what the psychiatrist could thing of me) and my social life has improved tremendously since then, now i am a total different person of who i used to be (but i still fear classrooms) i have a girlfriend, 8 people i can call my friends and i go to parties when i want to, there is still a lot of work to do for me but i can call today.. that my s.a no longer exists, but i think i will be shy in some certain situations like most people, if i could threw out this bastard called S.A i think you CAN do it too with courage, self determination, the help of your loved ones and a good psychiatrist overcoming S.A is possible, if you don't understand me very good is because my mother thonge is spanish but i think im becoming fluent in english xDD so, if you think that your problem is impossible to overcome think twice because your worst enemy is called fear and you of course can kick off that, however if you want to talk with somebody im all ears. PM me if you want my msn, so goodbye people remember FEAR DOESN'T EXIST! have confidence in yourself!!

|||LUCK.|||

Last edited:

WearyChild

Congratz!!!! I to have had tremendous success in the last little while (only three days for me) but I went from being a complete agoraphobic to not only spending two entire days at my friends house but I also went shopping with my family and in both situations did not get anxious at all which is saying something since I hadn't left my house at all in the past three months.

luck254

Congratz!!!! I to have had tremendous success in the last little while (only three days for me) but I went from being a complete agoraphobic to not only spending two entire days at my friends house but I also went shopping with my family and in both situations did not get anxious at all which is saying something since I hadn't left my house at all in the past three months.
let me tell you that there is nothing to fear when you are in the company of your friends or family, spending time of quality with them outside your house (parks, the local mall etc) will be a pretty good way to overcome your agoraphobia slowly but surely, keep up the good work!

Heey mexican dude ;) haha :) I'm really happy for you!!
This is a very good message to read that its actually possible to overcome SA!
And I have to say that I made some good progress too, It will get better sooner and sooner. But I still have some issues with sa . cuz Yesterday I felt self concious in a restaurant. That really sucks. But 2 years ago I couldn't even get IN a restaurant!! But I hope one day I won't even care about the people around me. That's the trick I think.