A little philosophical idea to throw around...

Legiac

Do you ever feel like life is too short to waste - yet you feel yourself wasting it in fear or anxiety? Like, seriously, people live to be... how old? Anywhere from 60 - 80 on average these days? Oh my god, that's not long at all when you really think about it!

You know when you're away from home or on vacation and you almost feel like there's hardly a reason to be shy? You almost feel extra confident just because in the back of your mind, you're saying "Well yeah, but there's no consequence for talking to so-and-so, 'cause I'm leavin' in 7 days!". Well, maybe I'm just crazy, but what if life could be that way?

What if people like you and I who feel fear on a regular basis could just realize how short this "vacation" is, wake up and smell the coffee, and just say, "You know what? I could be gone from here in any minute!" and just forget about all of that extra baggage...?

Yeah, i know it might sound crazy, but it's worth a shot. Hell, you could be gone tomorrow. Think about that!

dottie

i know what you mean. i feel like there are so many consequences hanging over my head if i do or say the wrong thing. i wish it were so easy to throw aside those concerns and stresses that weigh one down.

TAMPA-BAY

I know what you mean too. I have this self help book called prisoners of beliefs and it shows just how our beliefs and thoughts keep us in kind of glass prisson where we can see and hear the outside world but we are unable to take part in mainstream society.

The reason for our anxiety is that we have these invisiable rules that we follow even tho they hold us back from enjoying the life we want to live. Dont know if anyone understand what I am trying to say.

Infected_Malignity

TAMPA-BAY said:
I know what you mean too. I have this self help book called prisoners of beliefs and it shows just how our beliefs and thoughts keep us in kind of glass prisson where we can see and hear the outside world but we are unable to take part in mainstream society.

The reason for our anxiety is that we have these invisiable rules that we follow even tho they hold us back from enjoying the life we want to live. Dont know if anyone understand what I am trying to say.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Actually, I've come to realize that I really have one rule that has kept me feeling so bad for so long - perfectionism. I was always afraid of doing/saying the wrong thing and getting called out on it... so I just kind of secluded myself and felt bad.

Now I just quit trying to please people so much, and they seem to like me more! How weird is that? I guess people are more respectable when they respect themselves... so i just decided to respect myself and be myself without any compromise. And so far, I'm feeling a million times better. Good luck to all of you, there's definitely a way out.