A Girl Who Went Thru Teenage Hell!

Liesha27

It all started in fifth grade. Since then, I been bullied verbally, psychologically and even physically. I wasn't strong enough to stand up for myself. I never looked right, I have extreme ance, I never had the right clothes. I had a few friends but they didn't know how to relate to me because they wasn't being bullied like I was. They treated me like I was lower than they are. I was always crying. People would call me ulgy names and I was always pushed aside. People would even throw paper or pencils at me.

In sixth grade, it followed me because most of the people from elementary went to my middle school and high school. Anyways I was always getting taunted and talked about at the bus stop and at school. So many people kept saying that I was retarded because I guess it was because I wasn't like everyone else. Later that year, I started pulling my hair out. I didn't know why I was pulling out my hair. I didn't realized until seventh grade that I have a biological condition. Then after a while, I started having large bald spots and people starting noticing. That gave more information about myself for people to talk about me and bring me down even more. I kept having hair extensions to cover up what I have done. No one knew that I pulled my hair, not even my parents until last year. I managed to keep the fact that I have trichotillomania to myself.

Seventh grade was the worst year of my life. I had to wear a wig because I pulled mostly like an estimate of ninety percent of my hair. People belittled me about my hair and guys started called me demeaning names. When I make a mistake, people want to fight me or bring me down even worst but when other people that are the "cool" ones made a mistake, its like they never done it. No one liked me or be around me. Its like people can do and say anything they want to me and I can't do nothing or I didn't know what to do. Its like when someone is in the wrong to me and I tried to tell them off, they want to use my hair to put me down or to shut me up. I felt like I was in a black hole where no one wanted to be friends with me or be around me because of all the negative attention I have unintentionally gotten. And then 8th grade, it got alittle bit better but I was still being bullied. Then the summer before going into eighth grade, everything was going against me, I thought that I would be better off dead. I tried to kill myself with koolaid mixed with bleach. I fell asleep hoping that I didn't wake up but instead I woke up nauseated and I was vomiting like every minute for an hour or so. I got sick that day. I never told anyone. No one knew. I gotten angry that I didn't die and have to lie another day dealing with misery at school.

In high school, ninth grade through the eleventh grade, its the same routine. Bullying calmed down alittle but it didn't calm down enough. I became invisible but not all that disexistant. I became a loner. I was always so sad and depressed all the time, I separated myself from people because people would highly talk about me and judge me and which is why I started talking about people because I feel like I can't do wrong but other people can do wrong. I wanted to feel the thrill of doing to people what they did to me. I learned my lesson. When I do something wrong, things will always come back to me rather quickly. Maybe thats why my heart is so good and I tend to have a compassionate personality.

I also became angry because all that anger I had from middle school, I never acted on my anger but then in high school I did. I kept having a bad attitude with people and with my parents becuase I was so angry but then like always people always use my hair or my weakness to bring me down further or to shut me up. Twelveth grade year comes around, which was last year, I begged my mom to put me in another school because I didn't want to be miserable at that horrible, ghetto school. Then I went to a new school high school and everything was great but inside, I was a loner and I was still in a state of depression because of what happened to me in school all these years. I am still am today. I am still extremely reserved, I have social anxiety, I don't like to be around groups of people that much.

My story proves that bullying is a very serious matter and its not just "kids being kids".
Bullying can also affect your adulthood partially also. But I would never take back what I went through because I wouldn't be a very compassionate person yearning to help others.

Katasura

Banned
It's inspiring that you were able to turn that significantly negative experience into compassion and a drive to help others. Thanks for sharing :).

Kathryn

as long as you turn your feelings into something good, that should make you become a better person

lettypagb

goh ,thats so sad , i never pulled out my hair ,but i've been bullied too ,when i was 4 or 5 ,i dunno ,and thats what made my sa ,but i dont see where start ur sa.

weak

That's a really sad story. Did your parents ever take you to a doctor?

There was a girl at my high school who also picked out her own hair. It was apart of a condition called Trichotillomania. It usually goes hand in hand with OCD. Did your hair ever fully grown back?

Are you in college now or still in highschool?

lettypagb

weak said:

There was a girl at my high school who also picked out her own hair. It was apart of a condition called Trichotillomania. It usually goes hand in hand with OCD. Did your hair ever fully grown back?

how did she looked like?

weak

lettypagb said:
weak said:

how did she looked like?

You could see her scalp through her hair and she had various bald spots. She also tried dying her hair a dozen different colors, like bright orange. I think she was trying to make cover it up but it only made it stand out worse. Really odd girl but luckily she didn't get made fun of at all really.

Havocan

Liesha27 said:
Then I went to a new school high school and everything was great but inside, I was a loner and I was still in a state of depression because of what happened to me in school all these years. I am still am today. I am still extremely reserved, I have social anxiety, I don't like to be around groups of people that much.

My story proves that bullying is a very serious matter and its not just "kids being kids".
Bullying can also affect your adulthood partially also. But I would never take back what I went through because I wouldn't be a very compassionate person yearning to help others.

Sounds like what I went through, minus the hair pulling thing and the suicide attempt, I'm glad to hear that you didn't succeed, hope you're better off now than you were. I got bullied all the way until last year of high school, when I changed school. As with you I was happy for not being harassed all the time, but it had destroyed me on the inside and had made me a very quiet, reserved and bitter person. Today, 5 years later I still struggle with the same issues and wonder most of all how difficult it can be to get friends, a girlfriend and so on.

Bullying is neglected and seen as a trifle in a too great scale. Seems like people, predominantly adults, are just dismissing it, believing it's just the victims who can't "stand some hardships". And ignore it, further on. My parents did and I'm still today disappointed with them for that^^.

Don't know if I would be without it, maybe because then I'd not be struggling with the SA, quietness and so on. But on the other hand I'm glad I know how it is being isolated so I also can support others who are sustaining the same thing^^.

Emmmmy

I like you article satine.
I think some bullies, particularly girls, are good at making out they are being bullied if you fight back though. I've seen it alot and it's a great way for them to make it look like a petty squabble to a teacher, instead of the truly callous victimisation that it is.

Last edited:

Satine

Aye - I think bullying is different depending on gender - girls definitely make more of a psychological effort of it. That's why I feel it's up to the individual to fight back.

Thank you for your kind comments :)

StonedBob2

Yeah, your article is really interesting, I just regret I didn't know all these advices when I was a teenager :) .

Zappa111

Thanks for sharing. I feel bad for you that you had to go through it. You don't have to feel bad, bullying is something that happens to everyone...beautiful girls, ugly, normal, brilliant, stupid...

And don't be too reserved or anxious cuz of others. Don't let people define you. I know its a protective mechanism but..you owe yourself some fun in life.

*hugs*

nezul

bullying seems to be much more dangerous than i had thought, i had no idea it could hav permanant damage to you mind and self confidence.

im a neutral sorta person and i would have loved to beat the crap outa your bullies.

i try to stop as much bullying at my school but its hard,i only sit in a small section of my school im also not a big buy but im quite strong for my size so i can only stop small things, usually big guys bully in my school and im not sure i can take them without their friends quickly joining, which i cant stand a chance by myself.

im sorry you mind is scared but im sure under the right enviroment you will shine and you will heal.

i am sorry, so sorry. i was bullied but never to that scale

Jannah

Banned
I was bullied because of racism. It got so bad that I started to hate myself for being "different". That was a long time ago but I still feel pain inside because of it.

I'm considering suicide, but i still have that stupid hope andn belief in some kind of a God...I was bullied in the 6,7 th grade cause I was a nerd, then a girl use to take advantage of me and I thought I got threw with all that, one summer I was actually really funny, but then I realized that I sill have fear from people and then my doc said that one day I 'll just say: I don't give a damn about u all.. and that it will pass, sure hope so... and I can't get my funniness back and I doubt I have a imagination.. I also have ocpd and people say tha people with ocpd are very intelligent and special.. I don't see that! and believe me I'm trying to see that... reply pls, consulation would come good, I just wanna meet someone like me!!!! Im almost 17.