A few questions

TDemarco

I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything concretely. I've always had problems with being sociable I spent most of my time alone and would try to avoid social situations, but a few years ago a myriad of other problems came up and have led me to try to give my problem a name. I was looking at APD and think this may be (at least part of) my problem. I haven't even ruled out hypochondria and being psychosomatic, but I digress.

I realized as I read that I have exhibited many of the symptoms even before I had read about APD. But again with the digressions, I'll get to the questions now.

1. Does anybody make themselves as unapproachable as possible when going out? I've been told that people describe me as 'brooding', when I walk I go at night to avoid being waylaid by anybody who might try to approach me. I wear heavy boots so that people can hear me before they can see me (people are afraid of what they can sense but can't verify). I wear a hat whose brim shades my eyes so that people can't see them until they're within 10 feet of me. Plus I wear a leather jacket that makes my shoulders appear wider and more foreboding. I don't know why I do this, I just don't want to be approached when I walk.

2. Does anybody else spend far more than an acceptable amount of time on the internet? I'm currently at 6-8 hours a day, probably more during weekdays, on weekends I think I only really get up to eat or read something.

3. Does anybody else make aliases for themselves online so that nobody knows who you really are? I'm not talking about user account names, but people with facebook/myspace pages, e-mail addresses, supposed occupations, differing ideas, beliefs, and personalities.

RedRibbons

I have questions..

1. You consciously think "I am gonna where these boots so people can hear me coming"? Or did you just analyze and imagine that's why you do? There is a difference. :)

2. I spend a lot of time on the internet. I have nothing more exciting to do, it entertains me and my motivation tends to be a little low for other things at this point in time.

3. And I don't make aliases unless I am honestly playing a joke and I haven't done that in YEARS!! It's kinda like a prank thing. I don't ever pretend to honestly be someone else to hide me.

reslo

1~ i think if i tried to make myself as unnapproachable as possible, i worry that would make me stand out more, and thats the last thing i want- so usually my goal is to look "normal". My unapproachbleness usually comes more from my actions- walking away away from people, hunched posture, little eyecontact, arms folded, unable to expand when people ask me questions... i think a lot of the time, i just try to mentally wish people away "please don't talk to me please don't talk to me"
2~tv is my place to go to- for hours everyday~
3~i don't think im creative enough for that! and usually if try to be someone else the anxiety creeps in at somepoint, and i can't do it

good luck with it all!

Reiji Moritsugu

1. It is something I do indeed. I wear headphones and try to be as unnoticed as possible. I have come to realize things are better this way for I don´t want others to approach me. I mean, what for? they are going to see how screwed up I am and go away just like everybody else :)

2. The real world is overrated. I hope that answers your question :)

3. What for? people are not that interested in me as for trying to know who I really am. Since I am aware of that fact, trying to hide myself would be just another way to waste my time.

See you around :)