A curious little experiment...

Hey hopefully interested readers I have a curious question for you guys to explore...

If you have a pretty general level of anxiety almost all of your conscious hours (and maybe even in your sleep :s) I have something you might like to investigate.

Close you mouth for like 10 seconds and breathe through your nose...

And then while your breathing through your nose take your thumb and block one nostril at a time and see if you find it easier to breathe through one...or the other...

And if you have a spare 20 minutes (and could be bothered) keep whichever was easier to breathe through blocked and your mouth closed and breathe through the one that was a little difficult (or very difficult) and let me know what you notice about how you feel...

BTW it may feel as if your not getting enough air sometimes while doing this but you really are, the oxygen levels are adjusting and you may find you kind of feel a little light-headed (I encourage you to persist with the breathing the same way through this). You wont pass out and even if you did your not underwater so you'll just start breathing again normally anyway.

And you can use your other hand to kind of pull/push your cheek out and open the nostril more to get more air through...

I'll say more if i get a few replies ;)

xxaimsxx

Worked!!! when i breath through my mouth i kind of get a sickly feeling of anxiety/weird/depression. Im not going to walk around with one thumb over my nose though :D