A broken clock isn't right twice a day

Luna1740

Unless it is broken absolutely perfectly, then again time is a man made construct (all in your head) so the clock isn't ever really wrong, just like anxiety, so... make the leap to just because you are anxious, don't function the same way as others, doesn't mean you are broken, just on a different "time" than everyone else, and what's so wrong with that?

When you look in a mirror that is you two nano-seconds ago, because that is the amount of time for light to reflect off of the mirror and hit your eyeball (not accounting for actual brain's process of imagery), so if i can go into the bathroom and look into the past, then why is it so difficult to remember the way I used to feel before everything changed. I just want to set up a million mirrors and bounce the light around until I can see myself again

I don't know, just random thoughts from a depressed/anxiety/pill ridden brain, any thoughts?

I like your analogy

you have woken in a fab mood today luna haven't you ?

you making me smile wider than a wide mouthed frog here ::p:

Luna1740

I like your analogy

you have woken in a fab mood today luna haven't you ?

you making me smile wider than a wide mouthed frog here ::p:

actually I just didn't sleep lol, Im going to attempt to now, because it's almost 6am here, but yeah, today was the first day that the world just was the world for a change and not all distorted and scary, so thank god for today, because it is the first time that things have been as they seem in a very long time for me

hippiechild

That's why I find that it's useful to document everything that I think about during my minds progression, leaving kind of artifacts of what was important to that person at that time. I always assume that I'll remember how I am now 5 years or even months from now, but I don't. When the time comes to reevaluate myself, I tend to apply my current state to everything, past present and future. Without hard evidence of the mental colonizations that came before, it's hard to convince myself of their existence, of even remember what it is that I'd like to convince myself of. In this way, the documents, videos, papers and scribbles left behind act as an ever so extremely delayed mirror, retaining the information and only revealing it when there has been sufficient change in the subject... when I'm able to recognize that change has taken place.

or.. you could make an actual delayed mirror, which would be infinitely more cool. You could set up a kind of tunnel, 2 and a half light years long, made entirely of mirrors facing mirrors. When you stand at the entrance to this tunnel, your image strikes the first mirror and is then shared among the mirrors until the final mirror reflects it back, making the round trip in about 5 years from when you first stepped in. At that point, you will be able to see yourself in the mirror 5 years ago.

also, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with us, but our skiwampus time reading makes it hard to get our desired outcomes from situations.
"There's no such thing as a bad gene, only bad gene/environment interactions" -Sapolsky

also
Unless it is broken absolutely perfectly,
this is awesome

Last edited:

Luthien

I love metaphors... And I totally agree, we aren't broken, we're just different. "Recovering" from SA is just us trying to figure out how to live in this world where we are the minority. Oh, and you also made me think of this:

WNYC media player

I don't know if that link will work, maybe just try this one and click on "the listen to whole show" button. I hope ya'll get a chance to hear this, it's one of the most amazing shows on the radio!!!

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2005/02/25

Last edited:

Luthien

Are people with SA the minority, or do others just do a good job of hiding it? People I have opened up to in the past, have said, "I wouldn't have thought that, you hide it well!". I think there is a ton of "closet" SA sufferers out there, they just don't talk about it out of fear of being scrutinized.

Good point, I agree there are definitely tons of people out there with similar problems. The difference, I think, is that we can't hide it forever. I think there are tons of people who will go to their graves never facing up to what is going on in their heads, but for me I can't live that way. What is in my head has consumed my being and I have to deal with it or else I'm never leaving my house again!

Luna1740

Good point, I agree there are definitely tons of people out there with similar problems. The difference, I think, is that we can't hide it forever. I think there are tons of people who will go to their graves never facing up to what is going on in their heads, but for me I can't live that way. What is in my head has consumed my being and I have to deal with it or else I'm never leaving my house again!

That's all that life is, accepting the voice in your head, because what else really exists???