90% Cured

cbass50

Man, hyperhidrosis is the worst thing ever. I've had it for as long as I remember but these last two years, it became coupled with body odor. The parts of my body that sweat terribly is my armpits and hands. The armpits give an offensive odor very quickly. Anyways, I bought odaban about 3 weeks ago and it is a lifesaver. On a regular day, I would be sweating before I even arrive at school and I'm talking 6 in the morning 60 degrees outside sweat pouring. I would walk into class and at least 10 students around me would hold their noses for the whole period. Even with deodorant and cologne, I'd stink before in walk in the class. Now, that doesn't happen. I rarely stink and if I do it's after vigorous activity. I can actually walk around in the 90 degree sun and not worry about how bad I will smell next period. I'm okay. I could never shake peoples hands; not even teachers. People would wipe their hands after touching mine or say eww and things like that but no more. Odaban actually cured my sweaty palms. I Actually used the antiperspirant spray once on my hands and 3 weeks later they are still dry. So far, odaban loses it's effectiveness if I don't apply it for 3 days or longer, but it is still and will always be the $10 spent on my bottle. Nothing else in the world has worked for me but odaban did the trick and changed my life. Man, just remembering how miserable I would be with everyone holding their noses next to me every period, on the bus, and I would sit there with my arms shut tightly thinking about suicide. Man, I made it.

Last edited:

mapleman330

This is one of the most uplifting things I've read on hyperhidrosis. I'm so happy for you, glad to hear things worked out man. At one point I was considering drastic measures (read: suicide) when it occurred to me that I'd have to deal with looks of dismay after every handshake.
I have it just as bad, except my forehead and hands take the brunt of it. My hands have been largely controlled by Dehydral (GET THIS PEOPLE), while Sweatblock (THIS TOO) takes care of my forehead. Really hope anyone with HH reads this- there's no joy in controlling the condition when so many others are still burdened by it.
Again, really happy for you man! :D

I never did get to the point where I contemplated suicide. In any case, due to my moist fingers, I probably wouldn't have been able to rack the slide in order to chamber a round. ;-)

In all seriousness, for someone suffering from a form of HH (palmar, in my case), the best day of my life was when I completed my first round of Drionic treatments. For the very first time in my life, my hands were dry. I could now contemplate things that everyone else took for granted: handling paper; playing an instrument; working with hand tools; shaking hands. Holding hands. I remember just walking around in a daze for the first few days, just touching things, absolutely incredulous that I was leaving no trace of sweat behind. I was, quite literally, exploring a whole new world.

I'm glad you found your lifeline.

Wetpalmed

How long did it take for the Odaban to start working? I got the hand cream and spray, have only used the spray once with no results, and the hand cream has been slightly effective but it has only been less than a week, still waiting for real results.

Sprawling

For some people it can work in a matter of days, others a couple of weeks. Odaban by itself had minimal effects on my hands. When I combined it with Antihydral creme it gave me better results. Ionto treatment can be very effective and worth considering.

vickiekitties

My friend has hyperhidrosis. When we play video games together I know I've made a face before when he handed me the moist controller. :( I feel like such a butthead, I had no idea what an impact this had on people.
I should probably apologize and not do it again. :kickingmyself:

That's great news that you found a solution.

It took me over six years of suffering with HH before I found a solution. Unfortunately Odaban didn't work for me so I resorted to splashing out on an iontophoresis machine which worked extremely well for my hands but not for my underarms (quite painful actually).

Very recently I was prescribed Pro-Banthine by a dermatologist and it changed everything. I only need one or two tablets a day and I'm completely dry. Maybe too dry sometimes (very dry mouth) - but who cares right?

Trust me though, I know how horrible HH is and what you went / going through, and what it does to your life. This drug changed me, instantly.