25 yo Guy from NJ looking for a shy Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there Shy One,

I’m 25 years old, 6 ft. tall, fit guy, who’s easy on the eyes (so I’m told :) ), and quite intelligent (this I know :D ).

If there’s one thing that my long past relationship taught me, it’s that I’ll never reach a true happiness with a ‘normal’ (outgoing) person. You can’t be really happy if you have to keep putting on a mask, rather than be yourself. It’s bad enough you have to pretend in front of the entire world - you shouldn’t have to do it in front of your loved one.

That’s why I would love nothing more, than to find a shy girl to face our lives together. Call me crazy – but I find shyness to be an extremely desirable personality trait, not only is it cute, but it also implies that the person is sensitive, caring and full of empathy. The only problem is finding another shy soul, hence my post here.

My SA was as bad as anyone’s, but life has thrown me a curve, by forcing me to be self-sufficient during my teens, and gradually the impossible, became tolerable (I believe the technical term would be “desensitizing”). This is not to say, that I became a social butterfly – far from it, I still avoid clubs and bars like the plague (those are the last places I would expect to find a soul mate anyway). But I no longer have a problem doing all the mundane things we find so hard at times.

Maybe you are tired of being alone, and spending every Valentine’s Day wondering what’s wrong with you. Or maybe you are running out of excuses why you still don’t have a boyfriend. Or perhaps you freeze whenever a guy asks you out in the real world, on the rare occasion that you allow yourself in a social situation where that’s even possible. All of the above?

Whatever the reason – if you feel like you’re ready to break the vicious cycle, and you live somewhere in the NJ/NYC area, e-mail me, we’ll talk some more, exchange pics and see where it takes us. I am not searching for a supermodel – but I do look for a fit person who takes care of their body. Who knows, maybe we’ll be able to complement each other’s lives for the better…

Wouldn’t it be great to find someone who won’t judge you? Someone who not only understands your SA, but can fully identify and empathize with it, because of first hand experience? I sure think so. If you feel like any of this makes sense, I’m really looking forward to hearing from you – here’s my e-mail: [email protected].

P.S.
I am willing to lie about how we met :) .

AntiSocial

Evanescent1980 said:
Hello there Shy One,

I’m 25 years old, 6 ft. tall, fit guy, who’s easy on the eyes (so I’m told :) ), and quite intelligent (this I know :D ).

If there’s one thing that my long past relationship taught me, it’s that I’ll never reach a true happiness with a ‘normal’ (outgoing) person. You can’t be really happy if you have to keep putting on a mask, rather than be yourself. It’s bad enough you have to pretend in front of the entire world - you shouldn’t have to do it in front of your loved one.

That’s why I would love nothing more, than to find a shy girl to face our lives together. Call me crazy – but I find shyness to be an extremely desirable personality trait, not only is it cute, but it also implies that the person is sensitive, caring and full of empathy. The only problem is finding another shy soul, hence my post here.

My SA was as bad as anyone’s, but life has thrown me a curve, by forcing me to be self-sufficient during my teens, and gradually the impossible, became tolerable (I believe the technical term would be “desensitizing”). This is not to say, that I became a social butterfly – far from it, I still avoid clubs and bars like the plague (those are the last places I would expect to find a soul mate anyway). But I no longer have a problem doing all the mundane things we find so hard at times.

Maybe you are tired of being alone, and spending every Valentine’s Day wondering what’s wrong with you. Or maybe you are running out of excuses why you still don’t have a boyfriend. Or perhaps you freeze whenever a guy asks you out in the real world, on the rare occasion that you allow yourself in a social situation where that’s even possible. All of the above?

Whatever the reason – if you feel like you’re ready to break the vicious cycle, and you live somewhere in the NJ/NYC area, e-mail me, we’ll talk some more, exchange pics and see where it takes us. I am not searching for a supermodel – but I do look for a fit person who takes care of their body. Who knows, maybe we’ll be able to complement each other’s lives for the better…

Wouldn’t it be great to find someone who won’t judge you? Someone who not only understands your SA, but can fully identify and empathize with it, because of first hand experience? I sure think so. If you feel like any of this makes sense, I’m really looking forward to hearing from you – here’s my e-mail: [email protected].

P.S.

Hi..Interesting post,I think I will email you :wink:

lily

Evanescent1980 said:
Hello there Shy One,

P.S.
Nice advertisement, I see what you're looking for...willing to lie? why do we need to hide or lie or do things in secret? Meeting ppl is not safe.

exuser01

jinxed said:
Nice advertisement, I see what you're looking for...willing to lie? why do we need to hide or lie or do things in secret? Meeting ppl is not safe.

Yea well I think he means if they hit it off. I just find it odd that this is his first and only post. He's either super dreamy like he says or one damn good manipulator.

"Nice advertisement"

Thanks. It sure beats "Anyone in NJ area?", or "Looking for friends in NYC". But most importantly it really is the way I feel.

"Meeting ppl is not safe."

That pretty much sums up Social Anxiety way of thinking in one sentence :) .

"willing to lie? why do we need to hide or lie or do things in secret?"

You misunderstood me - I was merely referring to the certain social stigma associated with meeting online. I personally see no problem with it - I mean how else a shy person is going to meet another shy person? But I know there are people who'd rather say they met in a bookstore, or a library, or wherever, and I don't see a problem with that either.

"I just find it odd that this is his first and only post."

I apologize, but I wasn't aware of having to satisfy a certain post quota :) . In all seriousness though, I choose not to post on forums, because I know it can get addicting. There's always a danger of ending up living your life vicariously, through your virtual friends in the virtual world. It may be a good way of coping for some, but in my humble opinion, ultimately it leads nowhere.

"He's either super dreamy like he says or one damn good manipulator."

There we go with SA suspicion again :) , I don't know what you mean by "super dreamy", but I'm certainly not a manipulator. Every single word in my post is how I genuinely feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.