23 hours of iontophoresis and still sweating

I started up iontophoresis again more than a month ago. I have the Fischer MD-1A and usually do 15 ma for 30-60 minutes daily. I've been focusing on my hands and have noticed a spot on the lower part of each trying to go dry a week or so ago, but now after 23 hours of total treatment time, they're sweating at full force. Am I hopeless or should I keep trying?

hyp-hi

I recommend cutting back the treatments to every other day. Also maybe cut back on the treatment time to less than 30 minutes.

Sprawling

I agree. Stop treatment for a week. You may find that your hands might begin to dry. I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion.

hyp-hi

Yes, currently I do the treatments every other day. I find sometime less is more effective with the ionto. I do 15 minutes at about 12mA each time.

Update on my case...

I took 6 days off from iontophoresis and had no decrease in sweating. The dryness in the area under my thumb has gone away. Last night's treatment brought me to 25 hours of treatment since August 27. I don't think I'll see any improvement from doing less treatments... and I'm afraid of losing progress. I'm sure for my severe/stubborn HH, it's going to take every other day at least (if iontophoresis will work for me at all).

However, while there isn't a reduction in sweat, I've noticed a slight change in how I sweat. I had the two dry spots for while and now my fingertips seem to get more wet than the rest of my hands. Could this be a good sign? Losing hope after two months of treatment.

Sprawling

I've had some periods where ionto was just as stubborn as you are experiencing. I've been doing ionto for 9+ years. Within the past several years Ionto almost quit working. I did it everyday for months, skipped a week every now and then. Tried different variations putting things such as odaban, and some of the other products into the water which did help. Eventually ionto started working again. Not sure why or how, but i do remember cutting back on treatments.

Fingertips can take months to achieve dryness. They are truly a stubborn spot. How long (years) have you been doing ionto chaselindley?

That is so strange. I wish there was more research to explain this mystery of a treatment. (And HH in general for that matter.)

I first tried iontophoresis in 2012 while I was still in college. Put in many, many hours on a Drionic, but the cost of batteries and pain became too much. Feet didn't respond at all. Hands got the two small dry spots below the thumbs. If it hadn't been for that, I probably would've given up by now. In late 2013 I got my Fischer and used it for a couple months and gave up. My most recent attempt started two months ago.

What kind of machine do you have?

Sprawling

I used to use the Fischer MD-1A and switched to a Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator. Basically all ionto machines are the same... some are just more overpriced than others. Pulsed current makes treatment way more comfortable and thats why I retired my Fischer.

Sorry to say, but ionto may not work for you? A small amount of people seem to be immune to treatment. Many factors can effect treatment such as water, altitude, along with various illnesses such as Fibromyalgia (which has impacted my treatment).

g35

if it's still not working for you after a month, I highly suspect it's the current not being strong enough, I am on 22mah, and I figured that's the best to keep the sweating controlled. Now I do it 3 times a week, 12 mins each hand

blueherron

Keep it up, though I would spread your treatments out to every 2-3 days. I remember when I started doing into with my Fischer unit, I did it for a couple of months routinely before I got to a good place. Now I do it every other night and have had success consistently for about a year or so.

I always use warm water and put a dab of baking soda in each tray to help increase the amps. I do 20 minute sessions with both hands in. Mid-way through I switch the polarity.