Anubis

You should get one. I have very few friends as well, but I probably wouldn't have those few friends if I didn't have something to exchange contact information with. I'm kept "relatively" in the loop of events because of my more social friends.

Also, landlines are useless anyway. So if you have that, you should really consider cancelling it, and get a cell phone. You won't regret it.

Fighter86

I don't think its weird not to have a mobile, maybe unusual but definitely not weird, in fact, I know of 2 people who do not own mobiles.

sabbath9

Banned
Also, landlines are useless anyway. So if you have that, you should really consider cancelling it, and get a cell phone. You won't regret it.

Landlines aren't useless, how else are you gonna get a 6 Mbps unlimited DSL connection to the internet for $40/month?

I have a Tracfone (pay as u go) cellphone, that costs about $100/year to use. The minutes keep adding up, but it's good for emergencies I guess.

Rodox

You need one for emergencies(all types),once I crashed my car and I called my friend,because at the time I didnt speak that much japanese,if I didnt have a phone,I would have been fried,I couldnt defend myself or talk with the police,well I could have used someone else's,but what if any kind of acident happens when I am alone?

klytus

People usually think I am joking when I tell them that I don't have a cell phone. I find them useless (though, as others have said, they might prove helpful in cases of emergency) and there are way too many people who constantly play with their mobile phones, even when you are talking to them. It's disturbing.

I have a (cable) land-line with a relatively inexpensive flat-rate to lots of foreign countries. That's enough, especially as I am not interested in calling or being called by anyone.

Kinetik

I don't have anyone to call either, so I got a Blackberry and set it up so that I get alerted each time I receive a useless spam email. It makes me feel super important. :D

NothingElseMatters

i don't think its a matter of safety.mobile can save you many times and cause you trouble just as many.e.g many ppl crash their cars because they talk on phones

and never mind about the weird looks of ppl.it's also as weird to have 2-3 mobile phones as to have none

You should get one. I have very few friends as well, but I probably wouldn't have those few friends if I didn't have something to exchange contact information with. I'm kept "relatively" in the loop of events because of my more social friends.

that's probably the reason to consider getting one...give yourself at least the chance to do something

Anubis

Landlines aren't useless, how else are you gonna get a 6 Mbps unlimited DSL connection to the internet for $40/month?

I have a Tracfone (pay as u go) cellphone, that costs about $100/year to use. The minutes keep adding up, but it's good for emergencies I guess.

Oh woops, forgot about DSL. Then yes, landlines are quite useful.

If you don't have DSL though, it's just seems redundant IMO. The basic cell phone plans are going at $29.99/month nowadays. To get a comparable landline (w/ the cell phone features), you're paying at least $25-$30/month. And for a phone that you'll only be able to use when you get home.

Cell phones seem to be the way of the future. I know a lot of colleges that have completely down-scaled their landline services because an overwhelming majority of the students have cell phones.

fedupoffear88

It's true if u got a cellphone, as soon as u meet someone and wanna exchange contact info. Even in school for classwork help, havin a mobile phone helps. Also, i felt a lil wierd at first when all mah friends had cellphones but not me, but i eventually got one.:)

Fighter86

I don't have anyone to call either, so I got a Blackberry and set it up so that I get alerted each time I receive a useless spam email. It makes me feel super important. :D

That's a really good idea, too bad I don't have the internet connection thing because i dont subscribe to it, if not, i would use that and then people in the office would think i have lots of people calling on me! ;)

PhantomPod

I have a cellphone, but yeah, my parents are pretty much the only people who call me and they're the only ones I call. I like to have it for safety reasons. Like, my car broker down on the highway once, and I was very happy that I had my cellphone to call my dad with! I mostly just use my cellphone for my alarm clock. lol.

Noca

Banned
I have the best mobile phone in the world the iPhone 3G S. It costs me about $100 a month to run. I mostly use it for internet, IMing, games, and to book and keep doctors appointments.