klytus

Why would you choose a job you know that you will have such problems with? Problems beyond being too shy to ask questions - you just have no understanding of what you are dealing with. I admit, the training was shorter than expected, but I - in your position - would spend every waking minute with educating myself, instead of making customers angry with my incompetence. You obviously have (unrestricted) internet access - why don't you look stuff up? There's plenty of information and lots of trustworthy sources out there.

It's good you make an effort - but don't give up just now. Keep on improving yourself.

Last edited:

klytus

There was nothing wrong with what I said.

Believe it or not customers can actually be angry before they speak to you and its not always a straight forward query which is why their angry in the first place!
If their angriness is not your fault, ignore them and pay attention to the significant part of their statements. Then I don't understand why an angry customer made you talk to a colleague - if their angriness is not manageable by training, there is no sense in wanting more training.

And why would you call someone you do not even know and couldn't possibly be the judge of incompetent ...
You said, you were. Eight days of training instead of four weeks equates to incompetence. Moreover, it was you who said more training (aka decreasing incompetence) would be necessary.

I have been researching about my job role but Im not about to devote my every waking second to it.
If it isn't essentially important to you, I, again, don't see how it could make you feel that "low". Get another job, perhaps. It's hard to do that, indeed, so work on keeping this one.

And not everything you are asked is on the internet...
It is not about looking it up while someone asks. It's about knowing enough prior to being asked. Basically teaching yourself what those four weeks of training should have done. If the knowledge exists, it is on the Internet - most likely. You can't help everyone, though.

Impressive how you removed the message after just one argument of mine. Self-improvement is always the right path.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
My feeling on this is, things will probably get easier with time, if you stay in that job. I get desperate almost always at the beginning of each job, feel like it´s too much and I won´t cope. But with time I get into the routine and feel more in control and more confident. Same with learning language, I remember at the beginning when I was starting spanish, I thought - I can never learn this, it´s beyond me. But because I didn´t give up and did my piece of work every day, in the end I realized I understand books and things got easier and easier.

Remus

Staff member
sounds like high pressure job, bail and do something a little easier (or duller) how bout data entry? It's crap coz of the recession though, beggars will not be choosers for much longer, the recession will get much worse