SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Other related Disorders > Hyperhidrosis Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2016
 

Hi people! I'm new here as you see, and with the same problem as you: HH. It's my first time trying Iontophoresis, as I can't afford a machine I've made a homemade intophoresis machine with two 9V batteries which are 8.4V indeed, because they're rechargeable ones. Also two aluminum food trails to conduct electricity. This is my eighth day with no rest in between and doing two sessions a day and reversing polarity in the middle. Each session is about 30 minutes, but I've been doing two sessions of 40 minutes (20 min - 20 min reversing polarity) since three days ago in order to see results faster.

The thing is my hands are sweating a lot worse than ever and I've done about 9 sessions already. I add baking soda to tap water and not using so much water, it doesn't cover my nails at all. I'm not sure if it's the right level of water, or what I'm doing wrong, but I'm kinda desperate and dissapointed. Do I need to take a rest and then keep going? Or I just stick at this until my hands get dry?

I appreciate any help and suggestions! I'm really concerned about this.

PD: Sorry for mistakes in my writing since this is not my mother tongue.
sweatless is offline  
Old 03-28-2016
 

Your batteries are not strong enough. A better alternative would be using an aftermarket laptop power supply that has variable current. 9 volt batteries will most likely not do anything.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 03-30-2016
 

Hi Sprawling, thanks for replying. I have been doing it since then and I noticed a little reduction in sweating, but when it's really hot I start to sweat profusely. I can't find any power supply with variable current where I live. I've been considering buying another 9V (8.4V) battery but I think it would be too much for my hands. I mean, with only 16.8V and 30 minutes a day my hands get red and irritated if the water level cover my fingers completely. I'm not sure if trying this or just stick with 16.8V as I've been doing to see if my sweat stops eventually. It's my second week doing iontophoresis and I only stopped treatment on last saturday, now I don't do it twice a day and I add salt instead of baking soda.

What is the recommended current/voltage to start noticing good results? I know it may vary for each person, but at least what the standard is. Thanks in advance.
sweatless is offline  
Old 03-31-2016
 

Keep doing what you're doing then. It's a good thing you are seeing some reduction in sweating. I use a pulsed current device. When I was using my Fischer MD1a I was able to tolerate up to 24. I've always done my treatment with my hand completely submerged. If the irritation persists I would consider stopping for 3-4 days and see what happens. My initial treatment success started after 7-10 days. Everyone is different. Keep doing what you are doing. Treatment twice a day seems excessive. In my opinion maybe drop down to once a day.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 03-31-2016
 

Thanks again, I'll keep on this wishing I can achieve total dryness. I'll be posting my process here if this get better or not.

People feel free to post anything else related to iontophoresis or your experiences in this thread in order to help each other.
sweatless is offline  
Old 04-02-2016
 

Another thing you can try is to order some Dehydral or antihydral creme. Rub a little of this on your hands just before doing treatment. This method worked for me when my treatment wasn't working well for me. Try adding a little bit of rain water to your mixture also.

Have patience. For some people it just might take several months of treatment.

Another thing to consider is what is going on in your life now. Are you going through some life changes such as school, work, relationship, moving etc. All this can impact how well ionto might work.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 04-23-2016
 

My experience is that you don't safely get enough power from a homemade machine. If you want professional results ,get a professional machine like the Idromed 5PC. Pulsed current is safe and painless and it'll get you dry.You should also get some professional advice in planning and in advising you for your treatment,how much water in the tubs etc. then you have a chance for a successful and comfortable therapy .
backfish is offline  
Old 04-24-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfish View Post
My experience is that you don't safely get enough power from a homemade machine. If you want professional results ,get a professional machine like the Idromed 5PC. Pulsed current is safe and painless and it'll get you dry.You should also get some professional advice in planning and in advising you for your treatment,how much water in the tubs etc. then you have a chance for a successful and comfortable therapy .
Backfish, you do realize that not everyone can afford an Idromed 5pc machine. I notice that you really have been pushing this.

A homemade device can work and does work for people. There are numerous ways to promote ionto that doesn't require someone to spend around $850. My objective is to push the idea that ionto can work without spending the type of money that people do not have. My pulsed machine cost around $150 and will accomplish everything that the Idromed will do and that is to make my hands dry. $150 might be out of somebodys price range.

I've stressed that people can make a cheap direct current device by using a universal laptop power supply with adjustable current for about $25 or so. Add trays and whatever else needed and anyone can have an ionto device for about $50.

Other creative people use an AC to DC converter fo around $100

I'm glad you are happy with your Idromed, but let's just push the idea of using ionto as a way to help make our sweaty hands and feet dry. The bottom line is that all ionto devices use Direct Current. I agree that Pulsed Direct current is the most comfortable.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 06-12-2017
86theHH's Avatar
Newbie User
 

I'm supporting what Sprawling is saying about promoting ionto instead of expensive devices. If you purchase the equipment for homemade devices, you're saving money and will likely achieve the results you want. Just be patient about reaching the level of dryness you want. For my plantar HH, it took me 4 weeks of daily ionto treatments before I started getting some results. It took even more time for me to achieve the level of sweat reduction I wanted.
86theHH is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Hi community. I'm again here with no success. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'm desperated. After I got the universal laptop power supply with adjustable current, I started treating my hands 11 mins each one with 19V and sometimes 20V. My hands improved a lot again but I have never achieved total dryness. The thing is now my hands are sweating profusely again and treatment has weak effect.

Because of this, I tried quitting for a month when I wasn't working to see what happened. In this period of time my hands used to sweat but not as much as before I tried iontophoresis, when it was hot they sweated till dropping though. But I need to get them dry again (as much as I could bc they were always wet but I could handle it, not like now).

A curious fact is I've been doing treatments everyday for a year now. I just skipped days when I was tired, didn't have time, etc, besides that I think I just did them almost daily. I don't know if this is the reason now my hands don't react to the treatment (even if I quit for a month) and need to increase volts to see some results.

I don't want to go up to 24V (that's the maximum) because I'm afraid this could have counter-indications for the heart. Also, I barely feel itchiness on my palms while doing the treatment. To feel this itchy feeling I need to cover my fingers (with water) and I only feel it in my fingers (side up) but I have never felt it in my palm. Is that normal?

I've been doing it again for almost 2 weeks again but I just ran out of ideas. I need some advice. Thanks.
sweatless is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86theHH View Post
I'm supporting what Sprawling is saying about promoting ionto instead of expensive devices. If you purchase the equipment for homemade devices, you're saving money and will likely achieve the results you want. Just be patient about reaching the level of dryness you want. For my plantar HH, it took me 4 weeks of daily ionto treatments before I started getting some results. It took even more time for me to achieve the level of sweat reduction I wanted.
Hi 86theHH, are you doing your treatments with a homemade machine aswell? What are you using for that? I'm really curious.
sweatless is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Sweatless, It's very possible that ionto is just not effective for you for whatever unknown reason. It could be the water, the altitude in which you live, medications you might be taking, major life changing situation, Overly stressful living, moved from one area to a new area.

I've personally experienced having ionto stop working for a period of time, then start working again. We've had people here where ionto would just not work. There are so many suggestions that have been made by myself and people who have come and gone on this forum. If you have the time and patience just read through as many postings a little at a time.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
Sweatless, It's very possible that ionto is just not effective for you for whatever unknown reason. It could be the water, the altitude in which you live, medications you might be taking, major life changing situation, Overly stressful living, moved from one area to a new area.

I've personally experienced having ionto stop working for a period of time, then start working again. We've had people here where ionto would just not work. There are so many suggestions that have been made by myself and people who have come and gone on this forum. If you have the time and patience just read through as many postings a little at a time.
Hey Sprawling, I don't see how this is totally uneffective since when I started into the iontophoresis world I had my hands almost dry, yet I agree -and still thinking- it might be the water, altitude, climate, stress, etc. (Stuff I can't avoid)

Now you mention that, how much time did you have with ionto not being effective to you and what did you do to make it work again?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be checking posts about that. I've read a lot of other ones but I think I haven't seen them yet.
sweatless is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatless View Post
Hey Sprawling, I don't see how this is totally ineffective since when I started into the iontophoresis world I had my hands almost dry, yet I agree -and still thinking- it might be the water, altitude, climate, stress, etc. (Stuff I can't avoid)

Now you mention that, how much time did you have with ionto not being effective to you and what did you do to make it work again?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be checking posts about that. I've read a lot of other ones but I think I haven't seen them yet.
Over the past 12 years during my first few years I experienced very little problems of ionto not working effectively. I used to go 9-11 days between treatments. Today I do treatments every 4th or 5th day. I have wrote extensive posting on all the things that I've tried to stimulate my ionto outcome.

I've had anywhere from weeks to months of struggling ionto treatment outcomes. Currently when ionto is not working as expected or needed I'll rub Dehydral or
Antihydral (both are the same active ingredient, one being stronger than the other) throughout my hands and fingers about 5 minutes before treatment. Both of these products can be purchased online.

Ionto effectiveness changes for ME due to a Chronic Invisible Illness like Fibromyalgia. I had the weirdest problem when I brought my bottled water 400 miles to a new state that was a 2000 feet lower altitude. The reason being is that Ionto barely worked with the local water. I'd stay in that state for 6 months of the year and was doing that for years. The weird part is that there were years where everything worked fine carting my water. Then there was one year when ionto stopped working by at least 50% or more. I'd go back to my home state and I'd get ionto working again. Same exact tap water.

Now, I have actually moved to Nevada and what I find that works is a mixture of half local tap and half rainwater. I've had times in the past where rainwater was like a miracle fix really drying out my hands and other times it barely worked. The invisible illness continues to get worse, yet my treatments are mostly successful. The only alteration is the usage of Antihydral sometimes 6 times a month.

Stress definitely be an ionto killer as can be medication, life changes, moving where the water is different, altitude and whatever else you can think of. Yup, we don't always have control over these things.

Summary:

Try adding rainwater to your mixture, Filter it through like a Brita filter system.
Rub either Dehydral or Antihydral throughout your palms and fingers before treatment.
You can try rubbing Certain Dri in the place of the hydral's.
Try increasing treatment time.
Research PHENIBUT, racetams, nootropics, and herbals for relaxation.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
Over the past 12 years during my first few years I experienced very little problems of ionto not working effectively. I used to go 9-11 days between treatments. Today I do treatments every 4th or 5th day. I have wrote extensive posting on all the things that I've tried to stimulate my ionto outcome.

I've had anywhere from weeks to months of struggling ionto treatment outcomes. Currently when ionto is not working as expected or needed I'll rub Dehydral or
Antihydral (both are the same active ingredient, one being stronger than the other) throughout my hands and fingers about 5 minutes before treatment. Both of these products can be purchased online.

Ionto effectiveness changes for ME due to a Chronic Invisible Illness like Fibromyalgia. I had the weirdest problem when I brought my bottled water 400 miles to a new state that was a 2000 feet lower altitude. The reason being is that Ionto barely worked with the local water. I'd stay in that state for 6 months of the year and was doing that for years. The weird part is that there were years where everything worked fine carting my water. Then there was one year when ionto stopped working by at least 50% or more. I'd go back to my home state and I'd get ionto working again. Same exact tap water.

Now, I have actually moved to Nevada and what I find that works is a mixture of half local tap and half rainwater. I've had times in the past where rainwater was like a miracle fix really drying out my hands and other times it barely worked. The invisible illness continues to get worse, yet my treatments are mostly successful. The only alteration is the usage of Antihydral sometimes 6 times a month.

Stress definitely be an ionto killer as can be medication, life changes, moving where the water is different, altitude and whatever else you can think of. Yup, we don't always have control over these things.

Summary:

Try adding rainwater to your mixture, Filter it through like a Brita filter system.
Rub either Dehydral or Antihydral throughout your palms and fingers before treatment.
You can try rubbing Certain Dri in the place of the hydral's.
Try increasing treatment time.
Research PHENIBUT, racetams, nootropics, and herbals for relaxation.
_______________

Hi Sprawling. I've been thinking about pouring some rainwater, I have to try that.
On the other hand, I think most of the problem having hyperhidrosis is the city or country where I live. My city is too hot and for some reason I need to be in low humidity places to achieve dryness and my body can regulate temperature well. I confirm this because I left my country for a season and here I've been total dry both hands and feet (I don't treat my feet btw). It seems crazy, but yeah, it could be the altitude and climate. It looks like I need to move in order to be dry :( (Although when I feel hotness my body starts sweating but like normal people I think)

Anyway, when I go back I'll be trying one of those alternatives. Thanks for the suggestions once again.
sweatless is offline  
Old 5 Days Ago
86theHH's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatless View Post
Hi 86theHH, are you doing your treatments with a homemade machine aswell? What are you using for that? I'm really curious.
I've provided pictures in other posts of the devices and materials I've been using for my ionto treatments. There are other useful things that I have posted about. Please make use of the search feature on this site which will give you all the information related to HH. Many users here, including me, have already answered questions and given advice in past postings.
86theHH is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 86theHH For This Useful Post:
sweatless (5 Days Ago)
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Help! I can't see results (Iontophoresis)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TENS / EMS Muscle Stimulator Machine as Iontophoresis Machine gg1101 Hyperhidrosis Forum 3 02-28-2015 09:14 PM
Iontophoresis Machine Bought At http://iontophoresis-device.com/ Angel02 Hyperhidrosis Forum 8 03-29-2010 07:33 PM
Homemade Iontophoresis HH Assassin Hyperhidrosis Forum 3 03-16-2010 02:36 AM
Iontophoresis! Only drawing 5mA Homemade Machine skillzx3 Hyperhidrosis Forum 0 07-09-2009 05:53 AM
Please analyse this homemade iontophoresis machine Williameow Adults Only 8 07-10-2008 06:04 PM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 AM.