Your not alone going through the same problem!

adamsmommy86

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum and am going through the same thing you all are i can't remember a time in my life that i haven't dealt with it. It all began as far as i remember 1ST grade. I am pretty good at hiding this problem it really sucks having it and at times it's embarassing as hell but i deal with it. I deal with it because like my mom says it could be worse. I would much rather have my hands and feet sweat than not have hands and feet altogether. My mom didn't even know until i told her when i was 18 she STILL doesn't believe me because i hide it so well and she says she has never heard of it before. My husband knows of my problem and is actually supportive about it but 2 years into the relationship he couldn't figure out why i wouldn't hold his hand or anything he thought it was because i was embarassed to be seen with him he finally found out i was not embarssed of him i was embarassed of this problem. I can't even go to church because i avoid the shaking hands part nobody knows why i don't go because i avoid having to ''come out of the closet'' about this problem. I never told any doctors either. In school though it was very hard to hide and had trouble making friends because everyone that came into contact with me thought i was gross because my hands sweated. I ended up being a high school drop out because i couldn't handle it anymore. I never knew what i had until last year i knew i had this sweat problem but never found a name for it i had finally found the name for it last year. I haven't done much research on this i have ''heard'' hyperhidrosis goes away in adulthood. Well, i had it throughout my whole childhood and im 20 years old now and am still dealing with it. I admit though the sweating is not so bad as it once was because when i was younger my feet and hands would literally drip sweat. I have heard that peoples hands and feet smell too but mine don't. Anyone that wants to talk about this im here to listen i know what you all are feeling and it sucks. It will be nice to socialize with people that are in my shoes.

Kristin

bill-uk

Kristin,

Hi, hope you're well. I'm male aged 46 and suffered from HH since the age of about 16. I only learned the name for it about 3 years ago.

With me, its my face and head, it runs off in streamns in hotter weather and sometimes when its not even hot. Everyone can see it and it just isn't any fun. My body sweats slightly more than average but that is not a problem for me, its just the face.

I understand your point about avoiding situations, I can't even remember how many events, both social and work related, I have avoided because of this. It sucks !!

But I have a wife and 2 boys who love me for what I am and you have a husband too. For me, getting older has made the condition worse, but I have heard of others who have benefitted with age so hopefully you will be one of those.

Good to meet you and best of luck with remedies and aging !!!!!

Bill