Your favourite summer movie?

What has been your favourite summer movie?

• Transformers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrek 3

• The Simpsons Movie

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

• Something else

• Combination of the above

• I don't have an interest in movies

• Total voters

IceLad

I find it very difficult going to the cinema, so I only go when I really, really want to see the movie. Unusually, there have been a few such movies released within a short time span of each other this year.

What has been your favourite summer (or winter if you live in the southern hemisphere), movie?

Silvio

Don't bother to see The Simpsons Movie.. I went 2 weeks back & thought it was awful.. I would give it 3 outta 10 at best.

The poll that you set up is not very good. All the films you've selected are for children..
I saw a great movie earlier this year called Edmond with William H. Macey in it, & it's my favourite of the year so far.

IceLad

Silvio said:
The poll that you set up is not very good. All the films you've selected are for children..

To a point you are right, but I would say that these movies appeal to a lot of adults as well. You only need to look around when you take your seat at the cinema....

Obviously, I can't list all films released during the year, but I have added 'Something else', as an option. Perhaps, I should rename it 'Your favourite summer blockbuster' instead?

Silvio

When i went to see The Simpsons there were a lot of adults in the Auditorium, you're right, but like me they went along with their children to watch it & like me probably didn't have much choice in the matter.

IceLad

I'm sure plenty of adults have had to sit through the movies because of their children. Perhaps they might of enjoyed at least some of the movie? However, I've seen a couple of the movies on the list of options, and I saw plenty of adults on their own, including fairly elderly people. A few months ago, my ex work colleagues (who have adult children), were asking when Shrek 3 was coming out as they loved the humour in the previous films.

A fair amount of children's movies won't appeal to adults in the slightest, but there are some that defintely do.