You might be bipolar if...

VioletTears

I stole this from another forum. I guess sometimes you have to laugh at yourself to avoid crying.

Anyways, I'm not even diagnosed bipolar. My official diagnosis is major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety, but I do wonder if I might actually be bipolar.

Anyways, here's my list..

You might be bipolar if...

You go up to your bedroom to clean and end up tearing all the wallpaper off the walls, swapping furniture with your son because suddenly trading rooms seems like a brilliant idea and start painting your new bedroom purple, all without asking your husband’s approval. Two weeks later you have refinished the floor that you started refinishing two years ago (yes, it was halfway refinished for two years) and your son’s walls are painted and his room full of all sorts of new stuff that you ordered… But a month after that your own walls are still half purple, your closets not yet swapped and your house is trashed.

You impulsively tear down the wallpaper above the stairs, then leave the project unfinished for four years because you realize that you didn’t consider the fact that much of the work was way out of your reach. When you finally do get around to finishing it you end up dripping paint in your eye but were to busy to wash it out, so you have had problems with your eyes ever since.

Your carpet, your shoes and several of your favorite outfits have been destroyed because you couldn’t slow down enough to cover things up or change your clothes before painting the walls.

You purchased about $200 worth of frames, shelves and accessories to create a theme wall and months later half the stuff is still in the trunk of your car.

You impulsively purchase an entire hedge of big bushes and never plant them. Months later your mother helps you dispose of them because they’re all dead.

You typically do 15 loads of laundry in a single day, after months of not doing any.

You think your husband is a selfish bastard if he doesn’t join you in your restless cleaning sprees and house projects, only though you yourself only take part in them 3 or 4 times per year… Or when you learn your mother is coming over.

Your messy house results in suicidal thoughts.

Your house could be diagnosed bipolar, even if you haven’t been.

You talk your husband into buying a two bedroom house that you love even though you know you need three bedrooms because the thought of not having it is enough to make you feel your life is in total ruins… Then you spend the next 5 years upset because you really needed that third bedroom, and of course there would have been plenty of other good houses to choose from if you hadn’t been in such a rush.

You dye your hair black, then two days later decide it would be fun to try being blond, so you stay up into the wee hours of the morning trying to turn it blond, only to end up with canary yellow with a tint of orange. Go to classes the next day with a hat on and try not to cry.

Over the course of a your three month break from work you have had your hair dyed dark blond, light brown, auburn and dark brown.

Every time you go in to get a haircut you have to explain to the barber that yes, you cut your hair yourself because you were bored and now you need it fixed.

You spend $550 online in a single weekend, including $150 on extremely racy lingerie, then feel an intense sense of guilt a week later when it all starts arriving and your plan to hide it from your husband doesn’t work… and you’re afraid to let your husband see you wearing all your lingerie because you know he wouldn’t approve of all the money you spent on it.

For no apparent reason you go from having zero interest in sex for months to wanting to attack your husband five times per day.

You post semi-nude pictures of yourself on a mothering forum because it just seemed like so much fun (and of course other people were doing it) and a week later you’re fighting with the other moms and requesting to be banned.

You adopt a dog to cure your baby fever because the fact that you haven’t gotten pregnant in two months of trying just confirms that you’re infertile. You then learn two weeks later that you’re pregnant.

You adopt two rats, including one that the pet store manager tells you is possibly pregnant, spend a couple of weeks desperately trying to hide them from your parents, then when it doesn’t work out because they fight constantly and are afraid of people you return them to the pet store and try disposing of the evidence by putting all their bedding down the garbage disposal… End up clogging the disposal.

You think that it’s funny to run way to the top of a ski slope during a hike and then laugh at your boyfriend because he “doesn’t want to do it,” because you’re on top of the world and think you’re brilliant and feel sure that he really DOES want to run up it and just can’t.

You order a $350 lense for your camera instead of the $80 one our husband said to go ahead and get without taking the time to research whether it’s a good idea because surely the more expensive one must be better… then end up learning that they’re nearly the same.

You go to the store intending to purchase a few art supplies for your son and end up spending $200 because you suddenly decide that you’re going to renew your own interest in art after years of doing nothing. You end up giving your fancy art supplies to your son because you’re really not motivated enough to use them yourself.