You know what sucks?....

Yarp

1. Staying home all the time and never going any where (except for when college is in session) and being bored all day long, ughhh!!!

2. Having a few friends but being too scared to call them up and asking them to do anything because they'll involve other people (maybe) in the meet-up and it's uncomfortable to hang out with anyone else besides the person you know well enough to trust and have a good time with.

3. Not being able to look people in the eye for very long when they talk to you.

4. Not being able to get a job in MAJOR fear of the interview and shaking hands with sweaty palms because of hyper-hydrosis.

5. Fearing telling anyone (parents) that you have SA and not getting any help for it.

6. Not having a girlfriend...... ever! and only have gone on a couple lunch dates with girls in high school and that's all.

7. Coming to the realization that life is really ****ed up when living with SA
and asking the question "why me???" constantly.....

ok, that's all ::(:

Yarp

got any tips on how to become my own "master"? because I haven't the faintest idea lol..... wait, I guess that's not that funny. Oh well lol.

Skatergirl

Banned
1. Staying home all the time and never going any where (except for when college is in session) and being bored all day long, ughhh!!!

2. Having a few friends but being too scared to call them up and asking them to do anything because they'll involve other people (maybe) in the meet-up and it's uncomfortable to hang out with anyone else besides the person you know well enough to trust and have a good time with.

3. Not being able to look people in the eye for very long when they talk to you.

4. Not being able to get a job in MAJOR fear of the interview and shaking hands with sweaty palms because of hyper-hydrosis.

5. Fearing telling anyone (parents) that you have SA and not getting any help for it.

6. Not having a girlfriend...... ever! and only have gone on a couple lunch dates with girls in high school and that's all.

ok, that's all ::(:

1.I know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem, I hate those uneventfull days! But it's important to plan some things, even if you are afraid of doing it... Try to think this way,
what should i do, if i didnt have social anxiety?
Try to find something what you really want to do, and plan it..
and forget about your s.a, and just try to do it.. Because there isn't a disaster going to happen.. It's just your thoughts. right ;)
But i know what you're going through.. I think i'm standing still, i feel like i'm wasting my time, for spending my time @ home, but i sometimes plan something..

2.I see a friend, only 1 time a month.. Or sometimes i a little bit more, or a little less.. So I don't see friends very much.. I feel lonely and stupid about it. But let's hope for the good times that we can call our friends again and make alot of fun with a bright smile!

3.Ohh yea.. I always freeze up when someone looks me in the eye.. It freaks me out..

4.You mean interviews for a job right? I didnt do that yet..

5.I told my parents about it, and they help me alot, it's really good to tell them you know.. You really want to overcome it right? Try to tell them, it will make things lots easier! Maybe you can write a letter, that's easier!!

6.Yea love is beautiful.. Everybody wants a lover.. And there are thousands of people in the world, so there is one for you absolutely ;)

7.Yeah why are we chosen to be s.a-ers, it really sucks.. But try to accept your situation.. And have faith in better times :)

NothingElseMatters

i guess one thing is to finally accept that it is happening to you.It's a first step.
just realize that yes sa or hh is ruining your life but who the h can help you if u dont take the decision!!life isnt fair and yes we need to scream and cry about that sometimes but after that start taking responsibilities

ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I think that accepting yourself for who you are is a big first step. Also, do you know your meaning for your life? Meaning is the difference between existing and living. By finding your meaning, your anxiety should be reduced and you may be able to live a more enjoyable life!

JCS008

First things, first. You need to want to truly get better. And then you'll have to do the hard part of confronting your fears. Actually apporach strangers, go out regularly and go on some job interviews. I know its really hard, but I really don't think there's any other option out there other than to go after your fears head on. If there was any other solution, SA or any other psychological disorder wouldn't even exist. Hopefully things could get better sooner, rather than later. Until then, good luck to you!