You and others in car

Lotrsfan

I just hate being in the car with my sibling and her mates (but it's rarely one of her mates) orboyfriend.

My parents and I are out in the car coming back from somewhere and my sister is out with her mates or boyfriend. She'll call my dad on his mobile and tell him whether it's ok to pick them up and take her boyfriend home.
We are all squashed in the back. My sister usually in the middle, her bf or mate but it's rarely one of her mates next to her. Sometimes i dunno how to react and there i am sitting in the back with them, they don't talk to me. They are talking together and mucking/giggling around. I'm sitting there all silent and anxious. And wondering whether my sister's boyfriend is looking over at me and wondering why i ain't talking or ain't talking to my sister etc. I sometimes pretend i'm texting on my phone, or busy looking through my handbag.
I hate it, sometimes i feel like saying "Yeah, but dad can you take me home first then go and pick them up." But it just makes it ackward and then my dad would have to do two journeys so i have to go.

Lotrsfan

oh uhm..this is supposed to be in the Social Anxiety bit. Can someone move it for me please? thanks