Xanax

Noca

Banned
I have recently switched from using Klonopin to Xanax. Anyone else use this benzo? It seems to rescue me from the unbearable anxiety I constantly feel at school. I'm on 2mg/day

SilentType

Banned
I was on Xanax a couple different times. In the end I was taking 2mg 3x per day. It definitely worked, but it was the duration of effects (3-5 hours) that bothered me. I would wake up in the morning sweating, fiending for another Xanax. That's what made me make the decision to switch to Klonopin 2mg 3x/day for good. It lasts 8-12 hours, and I've never woken up feeling withdrawal symptoms. I've actually forgotten about taking it all day until it was almost time for my third dose, and still no symptoms. I'm not saying Xanax didn't work for me. I'm just saying my body likes Klonopin a lot more, and I get the same anti-anxiety effects from both, so I'm just sticking with the one that doesn't bother me in the mornings. I sleep much better with Klonopin than with Xanax too. I hope you don't experience the morning withdrawals, but if you're taking .5mg 4 times per day (based on your statement of 2mg/day) you should be alright for now. That 4th dose will probably save the withdrawals from ever happening if you time it right.
I didn't have that liberty since I was only getting 3 doses per day. Good luck with the Xanax man. Hope it continues to work well for you.

Peace

Noca

Banned
I don't use them on a consistent basis. I only use them when I'm dying of anxiety, like right now. I feel absolute terror at the thought of going to class. =(

Enialis227

I love Xanax.
I take it as needed for random bouts of anxiety, from school mostly, and the anxiety that comes with my depressive episodes.
I also use it to calm me down when I'm hypomanic as well.

Luckily, I respond well to small doses, so I only take about 1mg every few days. Hopefully, spreading them out as much as I can will reduce tolerance as much as possible.

Interestingly enough, I have been thinking about Klonopin recently. Could I bother you to give a firsthand, compare-contrast of the two?

SilentType

Banned
Interestingly enough, I have been thinking about Klonopin recently. Could I bother you to give a firsthand, compare-contrast of the two?

I'll compare em for you since I've been taking these drugs for about 5 years, half of that with Xanax, and half of that with Klonopin. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference between the two medications, except for, as I mentioned before, the duration of effects. Klonopin's effects stay with me for a good 10 hours while Xanax only stays about half of that. I also feel that Xanax is more addicting. For some reason, when I was on Xanax, I would have to take it at certain times throughout the day or else my body would let me know by sweating, agitation, etc. With Klonopin, I don't have any of those symptoms even if I miss a dose or even two. These are the main differences I've found between the drugs and also the reason why I choose Klonopin over Xanax. Hope that helped, because these are really the only differences I can think of.

Peace

Noca

Banned
Klonopin is twice as potent per mg as Xanax. All benzos cause cognitive impairment, so that's why I choose Xanax over Klonopin, as it doesn't last as long, thus causing less cognitive impairment. I need to be able to think for school, not just be so drugged out of my mind that I can't even read my own notebook in front of me lol.

GreenEyedRedHead

I just started taking Xanax on an "as needed" basis. I usually don't take it at all when I'm just at home all day. I do take it when I get to work because I work at a very stressful job. Most times I take .5 mg. The few times I've taken a whole 1mg tablet at work, I was useless the whole night. I didn't want to do anything but sit and stare into space. I have noticed a difference in the effect when I take it just after eating a good sized meal versus an empty stomach. Be careful that you don't start taking it when you don't need it, like just to get to sleep.

SilentType

Banned
The beauty of taking it all the time is your body gets used to it and it doesn't make you feel ****ed up. After taking it consistently for a week, you feel like your normal self when you take it. I just takes a little time for you to get used to the balance changes and what not, thats all.

Peace

SilentType

Banned
Klonopin is twice as potent per mg as Xanax

Any chemical equivalency chart on benzodiazepines I've ever seen has Xanax and Klonopin pretty even per mg as far as potency goes.... Just checkin the fact here lol.

Peace

SilentType

Banned
Yeah I could post links to charts too but its not really a science like you're making it out to be. I'm just pointing out that charts are from trials, which all vary to a certain degree...

Peace