XANAX

Y

I have a presentation next week (at college), and im very scared about it. So i went to the psychiatrist yesterday and told her i was very nervous about that and my situation and all. I thought she'd give me Prapanol, instead she gave me Xanax. And she said Prapanol would only take away physical anxiety and Xanax would prevent both phsical and mental anxiety.

I used 1 today and i dont remember feeling this good for the last 3 years, i feel totally safe, peaceful, not thinking about any negative things. But i heard it makes addiction and the doctor told me to use it only when i really need it.

So did any of you try this pill before? And does it really make addiction? Tho i dont care as long as it works...

dan246

I've used it before but only for a couple of weeks. Alprazolam (Xanax) is very addictive as with any drug that affects neurotransmitters. The biggest problem is that it is very easy to develop a tolerance towards the drug. So over time you can end up taking more and more. From what I've heard it's not very easy to stop taking. Stopping after taking it for a long period of time can cause more anxiety than it was suppose to prevent. There are better drugs meant for long-term use. Don't start taking these regularly without your doctor knowing. Use them for stuff like the presentation. Good luck!!

Xanax

Xanax sounds like it could be very beneficial in my situation, but it cannot be used long-term :cry: .

What would be some similar drugs that sort of mimic the effect of Xanax, drugs safe for long term use, and drugs whose potency does not diminish over time?

Scottish_Player

grumblina said:
If you take it only very occaisionally you should experience the benefits.

Hiya Grumblina , ive never tried it myself as much as i would like too, i was just wondering what you mean by ocasionaly?, maybe once or twice a week?

Atari

Grumblina, when you came off did you have withdrawal symptoms? how severe was it and how long did it last?

black_mamba

Re: Xanax

jakejohnson007 said:
Xanax sounds like it could be very beneficial in my situation, but it cannot be used long-term :cry: .

Hell yeah this is what I need, medication for those all important events that send me over the edge.

Gimme some!! :D

Scottish_Player

I just ordered some Xanax online for those times of need, heres hoping i get it ok as its from abroad i think?

I'll let yous know how it goes :wink:

black_mamba

Thinking of it for sure, but I've never taken medication in my entire life. Not even sleeping pills....no wait, painkillers count don't they?

Hmm they are pricey, is that normal? :eek:

anneley

I was thinking about taking xanax, but my friend just quit taking it because she began experiencing some liver problems... I have no idea about her dosage, but I just think you should be very cautious with it...