Xanax XR is Working Well for Me

decadeOfSA

After having SA for a decade, the only drugs that helped me at all are benzos. I tried all the SSRI's and other drugs multiple times and they did nothing. Klonopin allowed me to function for a limited time around a limited number of people, but it wasn't enough. About a year ago, after my shrink wanted me to try more SSRI's, I just said no way. I said, "Don't you think if I had a Serotonin imbalance, these drugs would have worked by now" ? He agreed and somehow Xanax XR worked into the conversation and I got some and tried it and it works great! It does knock me out somewhat though and I have to drink caffeine to counteract that. I know caffeine is bad, but even though Xanax XR works, it will knock you out and you will want to sleep a lot at first. This has somewhat lessened over time though. A year later, I'm back in school. I have been fine taking a couple classes and I'm upping it to three next term, which starts in a couple of weeks. Finally, there is a generic version out there now which makes it cheaper. I only pay 10 bucks for a month's supply and it's a wonder drug really. I don't look forward to getting off it though... Just thought I'd share this info. Maybe Xanax XR can help someone else out too.

decadeOfSA

endoflife said:
It sounds perfect for me, I will look into it.

Good luck. Let us know if it helps. Hopefully you can find a doctor that will prescribe it for you. A lot of doctors don't like to prescribe benzos, but some people really need them. If you have a history of trying a lot of SSRI's, etc. without any luck(like me) then your chances are probably better. There's probably some doctor where you live that will prescribe it, so keep looking if your doctor says no. I was on a good deal of Klonopin for awhile(it worked somewhat but not like Xanax XR). I had this doctor that was very liberal with benzos. I only had to see him once a year and got all the K I needed. Then he retired and I went through a bunch of doctors. The first two wouldn't prescribe any at all, even though I had been taking them for awhile and I was physically addicted. Then I had one that was really conservative and wouldn't give me much. Then I finally found one that understood that nothing else was working and I really needed benzos. Don't just rely on drugs though. Get some therapy too and maybe someday you won't need drugs. Being calm from Xanax XR/Other Benzos and then being around people is therapy as it will replace the old associations of people and nervousness with people and calm. I don't really even have any conscious thoughts of being afraid of people, I just get around people and for some reason I have anxiety attacks. I guess it is just a conditioned response over many years and also maybe a chemical imbalance(not enough GABA or whatever). Benzos work on the GABA system.

endoflife

Actually I just saw a thread about kava, seems like it does the same thing, and it's natural and a lot cheaper. I will probably try that first.

MpyreDzirez

Bad experiences with Xanax

I started out taking just a quarter bar a day and ended up taking 3 bars a day within a year. I almost lost my wife and kid...and did end up losing my job. Xanax causes all your worries even the positive ones to go away. I was a zombie for a whole year. There are better ways

corrinaelizabeth

its different for people in the UK docs are very wary about prescribing it,but sri did absolutley nothing for me,so demanded i be put on klonopin that actually worked but then they refused to prescribe any more why when it worked so well????grrrrr
even tried buying it from abroad but it got stopped at customs so am not on anything at the minute and find i cope better on nothing than when i was on an ssri
how strange is that?

decadeOfSA

corrinaelizabeth said:
its different for people in the UK docs are very wary about prescribing it,but sri did absolutley nothing for me,so demanded i be put on klonopin that actually worked but then they refused to prescribe any more why when it worked so well????grrrrr
even tried buying it from abroad but it got stopped at customs so am not on anything at the minute and find i cope better on nothing than when i was on an ssri
how strange is that?

docs are wary about prescribing it here too. I had one doctor who got me hooked on benzos retire and had trouble trying to find another doctor who would prescibe them. I finally found an APRN that would and gave me all I needed and suggested Xanax XR, which has been like a miracle drug for me. It isn't a cure all and it knocks me out and gives me insomnia sometimes, but I am able to function a lot better now.

ThatOneGirl

im the same way. ive tried pretty much all the SSRI's out there 4 SA with NO luck. my brother has SA 2 and he takes klonopin and said it works pretty good but when i asked the dr 4 it she said no! i have no clue y. n id lovve 2 b prescribed benzos cuz ive took em b4 and its great but no way shell prescribe that :( all i kno is i need something. u think its just her or my age or what?

sunwindandfire

I give Xanax XR a good vote as well. It does make you less worrysome. I have a very stressfull self employeed job and it really helped.

My anxiety was so bad that when I talked to people I couldnt even look them in the eye and would begin shaking so bad if I did. I couldnt even have someone in my house without feeling like having an attack.

I'm not 100 percent perfect but it's helped immensely and I'm soooooo glad I went to the doctor to finally start fixing this problem. I just wish I didnt wait 5 years.

MrMark

sunwindandfire said:
decadeOfSA said:
endoflife said:
Actually I just saw a thread about kava, seems like it does the same thing, and it's natural and a lot cheaper. I will probably try that first.

There are rumors that kava is bad for your liver. I've tried it and it didn't do anything for me. It might be worth trying though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

Hell if it works, good bye liver :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i tried kava and it did absolutely nothing for me