Writing Journal

sutiono

Has anyone tried keeping a journal? I started keeping a journal as a homework and found that it was really helpful. It does not matter if I wrote something depressing or happy in the long run I feel much better. I think it is because I have at least a way to express myself. I would encourage everyone to try it. Oh and I don't mean myspace or those kind of online journal thing. I mean real journal where your write stuff with a pen.

i have a lot of old notebooks with poems and journals. i dont keep a journal anymore because i seem to wallow in self-pity when i write it and it just doesnt seem to help at all. sometimes i write poetry but as it is almost always angst ridden and depressing im not sure its cathartic really. they are nice to look back on, especially if you have managed to overcome a problem that seemed insurmountable at the time of writing. you seem very sweet and sensitive sutiono i wish you were in my class then i would sit with you and we wouldnt feel alone and miserable :) x

Waybuloo

I used to write journal type stuff when i was small. When i went back to my mother country my grandma took some of them out that she kept all those years. I read it and it was like listening to a little girl that was me but i didn't know as well. It was hilarious too, the things i wrote back then!

Yea it's worthwhile keeping a real journal, which i do now, because its really nice reading back on it gives u those gooey warm feeling inside like when u flick thru old photo albums.

Its also a good way to chart ur progress without letting all net users to see. Unless u have those annoying lil sibblings with their pryin lil fingers.

Septor

I don't really have a what you would call a journal but I have this books where I keep a lot of my musingsin.I don't now if you would call it a journal and I do it for different reason to.The only time I really have did a journal was when my counselor made me do it.

Yea keeping a journal is a good idea.It can really help to have a outlet for feeling and thoughts.I could never just stick with it though something I have a hard time doing with a lot of things.

dazedandconfused

I just started keeping a journal today...and it was so wierd because when I got done writing...I felt sooooo good. Craziness.

B

I've used journals for years and almost ALL of my breakthroughs came after writing in it.

Hauntedhead

sutiono said:
Has anyone tried keeping a journal? I started keeping a journal as a homework and found that it was really helpful. It does not matter if I wrote something depressing or happy in the long run I feel much better. I think it is because I have at least a way to express myself. I would encourage everyone to try it. Oh and I don't mean myspace or those kind of online journal thing. I mean real journal where your write stuff with a pen.