Would you SA levels go down if you always knew what to say

sevenroses

Would your SA levels go down if you always knew what to say at any given situation and that you would think of endless conversation topics anytime you need to. Just not knowing what to say contributes a lot to my social anxiety. If that's the case maybe we just need to focus more on good conversation topics.

Snowdrop

Yes that would help me a lot. Even with good conversation topics though, I'd still need to somehow know how to prolong the conversation. Usually, I'm uninterested in what people say as well and that's something I really need to work on.

missjesss

Banned
not really bcoz when ur anxiety kicks in the amygdala takes over which means your in fear mode making it difficult to concentrate which is why you "don't know what to say" ;-)

No it won't. Life is not on a script. In other words, you can think about what to say and the actions you wanna do, but no one else will follow your script.

What you really need to do is say as little or as much as you are comfortable with. I find that alot of what others talk about is stupid, so I don't say anything. I only talk when I want and say as much or as little as I want. Also when people ask me tons of questions I don't always give them all the answers. Personally, I ****ing hate it when people get nosy and personal. It's no ones ****ing business what your personal business is.

Usually I give off an impression to them that usually moves the conversations away from focusing on me.

You also don't need to be some expert conversationalist. There's tons of things to talk about. Most people don't really get into these deep conversations it's usually small talk bull****.

You mostly just need to speak up when you need to and to get people off your ass from getting too personal. Save these deep conversations for friends or intellectuals.

Also don't think you have to "talk" just to fit in. You only need to talk when necessary. Don't be a people pleaser.

Last edited:

Daz

This is my problem. Lack of things to talk about. I'm so uncreative, I don't have an imagination. Am I doomed? I want to be creative and think like someone would without SA.

Can I learn new techniques?