would anyone like to sponsor me?

worrywort

I know this is a long shot, but I'm running a half marathon for charity at the end of March with my family and we're trying to raise money for the NSPCC. The only problem is that I literally have no friends to ask for sponsors from! lol! I'd usually ask my family for things like this but they're all doing the event with me, so I feel like I'm letting the side down a bit by not getting any sponsors.

so anyway, I'd just thought I'd at least throw this out there, so if anyone would like to sponsor me you would be new hero!!! ::p: The sponsorship website is here,

Bolt 'Round the Holt fundraising for NSPCC - JustGiving

and I think the minimum amount is £5 but you can give less if it will allow you to. You don't have to write a message if you don't want to, and you can give any name you want, my family probably won't even notice, and if they do I'll just tell them you're an "online friend" :)

thanks to anyone that can help
bobby

p.s. please don't mention this site, btw, some of them still don't know!!!

AimeeSP

Hi Bobby! I've only just seen this thread while browsing through the off topics forum and i'm so gutted to have seen it late otherwise i'd have sponsered you! are you still collecting sponsership money? cause i remember from when i did a 5K run (although i walked lmao) in 2007 and we were allowed to collect the money from upto a month after the race then send it in. Well done for doing half a marathon! Such a great achievement! :)

worrywort

oops! only just noticed your response! yea I think you can still donate if you'd like. I'll leave it up to you. No worries if can't......and yea it was an awesome day! A few had to pull out due to injuries, but the rest of us all made it round ok! Although I was sick and bedridden for the rest of the day!!!::eek::

thanks Aimee!