Worried I have OCD

M

moonfaerie

Hello, I thought someone could help me to find out what's wrong (if anything) with me :p I don't want to go to the doctors unnessasarily.
I have read things on OCD and it doesn't quite sound like me, but I don't know what else it could be.
There are these thoughts I keep having over and over. I have to make 'patterns' out of everything. When I see a patterned carpet or curtains or something I make other patterns from them and keep looking at them over and over for no apparent reason. I don't even realise I do it half the time. I do this with everything... like street lights. It's weird.
I also do this other thing where someone says something (or it might be on TV or something) and I have to make it into a pattern in my head where all the words line up correctly. I wouldn't care exactly but it's become a fairly big problem because sometimes when I try to sleep I can't stop thinking about doing these things, though I don't know if I'd feel nervous if I didn't do them (but I've never not done them to find out).
If anyone could tell me if this is OCD or nothing it would be helpful :)