Work life 100% - Social Life 0%

outofthisworld

So has anyone similar issues as I do? When comes to my work life, it's all normal, i'm 0% shy, i'm talkative, I do my job very well, few days a week i teach IT classes so i'm interacting with people the whole time, i'm in the control of the moment, it feels very normal.

But when comes to my social life, I completely close my self out of the world, it's a huge change. I really don't get it. I just can't talk, can't express my self and feelings to people. I even went out of my way couple months ago after years without trying making new friends. But it didn't last long, I thought that all i had to do is find people with same interests as me.. but even that didn't work. Did I get way too used being by my self? It's just tirering...
Has anyone got similar problems? :question:

AtTheGates

Banned
about to drive to to Graham and take the placement test. i'll fail the math part but thats ok. I need to refresh my math skills anyway before I have to take college level math courses .

anyway, I saw this video recently and it has a really has a positive message...there was a time in my life where I had to think of a good almost EVERY day to not kill myself. iv moved way past that at this point. I'v still got a long way to go. setting and accomplishing goals is integral to defeating depression and anxiety . every time I accomplish a goal I see at as winning a battle...I haven't won the war yet though..lol.

EDIT: sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread ...but oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNXvHdBEeUI

Last edited:

dzerklis

Could be avoidant personality disorder?
My sister knew a prosecutor who was 100% fit for her job, taking no shit from people in court rooms, dominating, but as soon as she was with her abusive mother, she turned in to a timid mouse. Maybe you can find the cause of your problem too.

outofthisworld

Could be avoidant personality disorder?
My sister knew a prosecutor who was 100% fit for her job, taking no shit from people in court rooms, dominating, but as soon as she was with her abusive mother, she turned in to a timid mouse. Maybe you can find the cause of your problem too.
thx for the tip, i'm good do some research on that to see if anything matches