work colleagues who get along great and are extroverts/outgoing more talkative

waine

I think what i am learning is to view things as i see them (e.g. what i think does matter) and not worry what other people think. Its kind of learning to like myself for who i am i guess and not take it to heart if someone says something to me or criticises me. And then also not to criticise myself. And i think also not to analyse every situation and behaviour of people.

For example in our charity shop, we have just got quite a few new people started. And one or two people are very outgoing extrovert types. I have noticed they are always laughing with the manageress etc but i am coming to believe not to beat myself up for maybe not being able to say much/contribute much to the conversation or joining in as much as they do because i am starting to realise that i am a nice person anyway even if am quiet and quite shy thats jsut who i am and to accept them for who they are i guess.

i can feel my mind wanting to analyse every interaction between the staff at our charity shop and i have to keep telling myself to accept them for who they are. I find it difficult in a group in the back of the shop like that where they all get on really well and say something to me as a joke, i feel embarrassed in front of them. It can be so difficult.

So i was just wondering whether you nice people on this site would agree with this?

bitingthepea

hey there
i think i no what you mean.
at my work theres 2 other teens my age (20) and there so outgoing and always laughing for some reason with my boss, but me on the other hand has not and will not have a conversation with my boss. when people are talking i tend to judge them and really analyse their personality. Its hard being the quiet one who doesnt no what to say

hope this helps

coyote

one thing to remember

just because people laugh and talk with one another alot at work doesn't necessarily mean that they like each other better than they might like you

small talk, banter, chatter, laughter, etc. is often just a reflex to being in a social situation - and is not always indicative of someone's inner feelings

talk - especially innocuous small talk/chatter - is often used as much to keep people at arm's distance as it is to get closer