will it ever end?

ImDieingInside

i've had pretty severe GAD for about 6 months now, honostly i brought it on myself though, through drug abuse, i had a really bad trip, and ever since then i freak out over nothing, my nerves feel as if they are working very strangly now, i'm very sensitive to touch, my shirt can rub my abdomen wrong, and i will freak out, not to mention i have almost every other possible physical symptom, IBS, Cramping in my chest, sharp pains, stinging/popping sensation in my abdomen, most likely due to muscular tension, i have burning eyes, and i experiance derealization almost every day, sometimes when i'm trying to fall asleep, i'll dream that somone is holding a plastic bag over my face, and i'll wake up sweating, and gasping for air, sometimes i gasp for air just out of nowhere, it seems my symptomes have gradually been getting worse, i've been off of drugs ever since that night of my horrible trip, but now they have me on alprolazam bars, and i've been on diazapam, paxil, so many other meds, when i take my xanax i honostly almost feel like a normal human being again, but when i don't take it, i feel like complete and total shit, all the time, i don't want to have to live the rest of my life depending on a narcotic, i've wasted too much of my life that way already, i just want to feel like a normal human being again, i feel like i'm going crazy, and i've honostly thought about suicide more than a few times, just because i feel like i can't handle going through this everyday, and yes i mean everyday, any advice or response would be much appreciated, thanks

Chilling__Echo

hey i know how anxiety can eat away at you from the inside out. it makes you believe that you're loosing your mind. why get out of bed in the morning when all you're going to do is worry? then you get depressed and it just feeds itself.

well i promise you're not going to go insane. remember that you're own mind is working against you. there is literally a chemical imbalance in your body so all your worries and depression makes life seem impossible.

it's not impossible, get up and get out. go out and do something even if it means going to the grocery store. get your mind off your mind! all the what ifs, those are gonna have to go out the window. go to a park, volunteer, anything.

have you seen a doctor about this? just remember that all bad things pass, you'll find something that works for you, just hang in there. get some help and help yourself.

ImDieingInside

Yea, i have seen a dr, that's why i'm on all these meds, i try not to take them unless i have too, but i know what you mean, i wake up in the mornings, and it almost makes me want to cry, just knowing i have to get out of bed, i think the single worst problem i have is this one thought, over and over "how do i feel today, how does my body feel, do i hurt, can i breathe today?" etc, i really appreciate your response, it's nice just being able to talk about it, with people who acually know and understand what i'm going through

beetle

I am sorry you are going through this. Though I don't have GAD, I have social anxiety, and I do know someone who has GAD... basically I can empathize with you, regarding anxiety.

I would just like to say to you: don't give up. Never give up. Your life can improve, you can make it so that it improves. If the medication helps you, then use it. At the same time, try to tackle changing your thoughts. I don't know how possible or difficult this will be for you, but it's just some advice that I give to you. Really work at altering your thought patterns, at controlling your thoughts. I can't give you much better, specific advice I'm afraid, I wish I could, but I think that for most people the only way they can improve is when they work out what to do for themselves. I don't mean to be condescending or annoying when I say that, I just mean that I really believe that working out how to improve by yourself is the way to improve.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid or rubbish post and advice. It's even annoying me as I read it back, I don't really like the way it sounds, and I don't think it is that helpful. But the reason I replied is because I wanted to try and help you, and I have tried to say what i thought were helpful things. But if you don't find them helpful, then just take away from this post the fact that I empathize with you, and that I really wish you well and hope you get better.

abc1234

i am man on a mission to make this place fun again who here wants to make this place some where to come to seek advice and just be silly i know i do i mean everyone needs to blow off some steam or just vent every once and a while but their should be more fun and positve things on here

renegade

YES, it will end, I know it seems it will never end.

I felt like that for 3 months and belive me when I say I understand you. Time is the best doctor. I wasn't on any meds, didn't knew what was wrong with me, it should take a much shorter time for you to get better.

The best advice I can give you is NOT to think about it, keep yourself occupied all the time, and everytime you wake up think of it like you're closer and closer to recovery. It's good that u can get sleep, I couldn't get sleep during my severe depression. Also, hanging out with friends will help a lot.

Hope it helps, I survived it, be strong and fight it, you will soon get the victory :wink: