Why The **** Do People Stare?

MotherWolff

Banned
Why The "F" Do People Stare?

Ok. So I am sitting in my dialysis chair right now and a moment ago I was being stared down by some older guy for like 5 minutes straight.

The only thing that broke his stare was that he had to get a standing blood pressure.

I am positively sure he will resume when his old *** gets another chance.

This annoys me cause lots of the same type of people here do it.

I try to think that maybe they are wanting to figure out what such a young looking woman(who looks like she is still a sophmore in high school) is doing on a damn dialysis machine?

Still, its very annoying.

What sucks is that I can't just get up and leave cause I am hooked up to that machine.

Then I hate sitting in the lobby cause people just ssssssstaaaaaaarrrrreeee!

I honestly wish I could pluck their eyes out.:thumbdown:

And then its this one old black lady that just stares at me.

I think its cause I used to conversate with her. Now I pretend I do not see her.

I really do not want her to know me.

I don't want to be friends with anyone at dialysis right now.

I don't have to be.

Just the stares are so bad its creepy. Especially when its an older man.

However, I am not bothered by eye contact. If a person is looking at me while we are conversating, I am cool with that.

I wasn't always good at eye contact. But the important thing is I am now.

Anyone feel me on the staring tho?

Last edited:

DeLasDudasInfinitas

I understand what you feel. It's very uncomfortable when they do it. I used to ask myself why they stared at me and I always thought a negative answer such as having something in my face. Therefore, it made me feel insecure about myself. Nowadays, I've learnt how to overcome it. When this happens to me, I usually stare back at them and smile. :) Sometimes they smile back at me and stop doing it. Other times they keep looking at me like I'm crazy so I just keep the staring constest until they give up because they feel more uncomfortable that me. :bigsmile:

Well I know what you feel, Honestly I hate to maintain eye contact in general even while having conversation with someone. When I notice that someone is doing it for example some stranger on the street while walking towards me or just passing me, I just stare back directly at their eyes until they stop. However it sometimes doesn't work because I feel like their eyes are very sharp and it can paralyse me at least that's what I feel when they have that very sharp look in their eyes then I stop staring back in that case. :idontknow:

Last edited:

onehandclapping

the worst thing is when they can see someone is uncomfortable but they continue on staring, it seems a lot of people enjoy watching someone squeam about like they are getting some sort of masochistic kick out of it. probably the old thing of looking down on others, people like to feel superior and all that. not nice really when so many people in the world are like that.

trying to think of when staring might be excusable? like when someone isn't actually staring at you but just staring into nothingness and you just happen to walk into their line of daydreaming?

RegalSin

Why does it matter. If somebody looks at you. Just have an conversation with them. Do not be mad. Just realize they are probably thinking the same thing you said to yourself as well.