Why isn't it working anymore?!!!

ramone2285

I'm talking about the DIY Iontophoresis that I'm sure most of you are familiar with. If not, I got the idea from shannonbowling on youtube.

When I first started doing it, with 12 volts, it worked incredibly well! My hands were too dry. I had to lotion them sometimes. This was roughly 6 years ago.

Now, it barely works for me. What could be the reason? Do I need to maybe increase it to 16 volts? I'm putting my hands into two plastic tubs of water, with the alligator clips clamped onto a piece of aluminum foil, that I have going into the water (this is how I did it 6 years ago, with 12 volts). Do I maybe need to get a stainless steel pain or something instead?

I tried putting a pinch of salt into the pan. That KINDA helped, but not really.

Soy Sauce

It's possible you may have to increase the voltage. I'm not sure, but I think I've read elsewhere on this sight that 12 volts is quite low for ionto treatment. Other factors like if the quality or source of your water has changed, or there is calcium buildup on the clips could be effecting the results.

If it's within your means, I would recommend getting a professional ionto machine.

ramone2285

It's possible you may have to increase the voltage. I'm not sure, but I think I've read elsewhere on this sight that 12 volts is quite low for ionto treatment. Other factors like if the quality or source of your water has changed, or there is calcium buildup on the clips could be effecting the results.

If it's within your means, I would recommend getting a professional ionto machine.

I tried to buy a professional machine when I was 20, but my bs health insurance wouldn't help me buy the $700 machine. They said it was "experimental", so they wouldn't help me -_-. I looked up the facts. It works about 85% of the time. That doesn't sound experimental to me.

21NZ

Doing anything by yourself when it involves something like electricity is dangerous.

Not necessary true, but kept in mind even the smallest current can kill you.

Looking at a video of this i would not use a car battery mainly because they can put out some serous amperage (the one i saw did, ahh)

Now I'm no scientist/ doctor nor have i ever used these things or know they actually existed up intill 5min ago but i can think of a few reasons...

1.) iontophoresis

"A technique of introducing ionic medicinal compounds into the body through the skin by applying a local electric current."

You could have sadly become immune to it, your body fights the weirdest things. i drank so much milk and ate so much ice cream & cheese when i was younger that body started to reject it so much so that i became lactose intolerant are i am still to this day (7 years ago) now thats not exactly the same kind of thing i admit but demonstrates relatively the same effect.

2.) old equipment? get some new stainless steel dishes, new clips and two new 6V torch batteries and wire the batteries in series to get 12 volts

- this process might take something out of the metal (and the metal over time has given up all it has) so stainless steel new dishes.

- electricity + water + Metal Clips = Electrolysis & may over time wreck the clips (or rust them) so a least get new ones or sand the contact points.

3.) change in diet or stress levels may have effected the effectiveness (could be temporary) also heat if it's hot you will sweat

4.) Batteries dead? should be obvious (so i hope its not that lol)

I would say its more likely to be a fault in your machine or a temporary change in stress, diet, life style.

Pretty unlikely you have become immune and would be very unluckily. how often did you use it? good luck hope this helps?

Last edited: