Why is it not enough to be nice when making friends?

What else do you have to do besides being interested in the other person?

There are many different combinations of personality types.
Different personalities get on better with other certain types. I think your personalities have to gel together and then there has to be some common thread between friends to make it last.

KiaKaha

Banned
Being pleasant, courteous and easy to be around is the gel that holds other deeper elements together to form a friendship. Common interests, values, beliefs all play a part. Even things such as your appearance, social class and age may influence a potential friendship.

Really its about finding people you can identify with and who identifies with you. People like people who remind them of themselves and who they view as equal. Once you begin to experience activity with another person - a friendship deepens and solidifies. The hardest part - is actually getting someone interested enough to want to get to that point. People - are hesitant to trust and offer a part of themselves to others if they are unfamiliar with them.

Last edited:

razzle dazzle rose

I agree with what BlueDays and Kia have said. There have to be common interests and all that stuff. Just like dating, there has to be that click. But something I have been noticing is that people just don't have the time. Or, they don't want to make time. Same difference. And they always cancel or flake. Grr.

Lamb

Being pleasant, courteous and easy to be around is the gel that holds other deeper elements together to form a friendship. Common interests, values, beliefs all play a part. Even things such as your appearance, social class and age may influence a potential friendship.

Really its about finding people you can identify with and who identifies with you. People like people who remind them of themselves and who they view as equal. Once you begin to experience activity with another person - a friendship deepens and solidifies. The hardest part - is actually getting someone interested enough to want to get to that point. People - are hesitant to trust and offer a part of themselves to others if they are unfamiliar with them.

KiaKaha, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Can I shrink you and carry you around on my shoulder for friendship guidance? :)