why dont people make the connection?

Just-lost

So.... ive always wondered if people with mental health issues find it easier to show compassion towards animals?

i can only speak from experience and id really like other peoples views... especially towards animals raised in factory farms for the meat industry, these animals are stuck inside windowless sheds so cramped together most end up falling weak, not only do they have serious external damage but these poor souls are so damaged mentally because of what mankind does to them, i run a small poultry rescue i have the most amazing girls here and they all have been through hell they came here with massive issues towards humans, they would run a mile, cower, shudder, slip in and out of depressed states and constantly live with anxiety i wont go into details about their external state which is always as bad if not worst....so why? why in this day in age are we still inflicting so much pain on such intelligent beings? if you have mental health issues you know all to well that often you feel trapped, totally broken and wishing someone could make it better well this is just how these animals feel so surely people could connect to that easier?

MotherWolff

Banned
First of all, it is so awesome to see that there is another person out there who feels as strongly about animal cruelty as I do.

You are very intelligent and sensitive to the well being of all creatures.

Your post was so well explained that I wanted to cry when you described the adverse living situations of animals in those labratory farms.

In fact, my dad watched a documentary about that yesterday.

I honestly believe that animals have souls just like us.

They certainly have feelings also.

Why should animal cruelty only be limited to domesticated animals for indoors, such as cats and dogs?

I am not sure about people with mental issues finding it easier to show compassion to animals?

What about zoophilic people?

They clearly have a mental problem because they are infatuated and sexually involved with animals. That is anything but compassion....that is just plain sick.

And what about sociopathic people? Alot of them start out as kids torturing animals.

Not saying all people with mental problems are going to abuse animals, but alot of them are not going to be so nice to them either....sadly. :(

Just-lost

First of all, it is so awesome to see that there is another person out there who feels as strongly about animal cruelty as I do.

You are very intelligent and sensitive to the well being of all creatures.

Your post was so well explained that I wanted to cry when you described the adverse living situations of animals in those labratory farms.

In fact, my dad watched a documentary about that yesterday.

I honestly believe that animals have souls just like us.

They certainly have feelings also.

Why should animal cruelty only be limited to domesticated animals for indoors, such as cats and dogs?

I am not sure about people with mental issues finding it easier to show compassion to animals?

What about zoophilic people?

They clearly have a mental problem because they are infatuated and sexually involved with animals. That is anything but compassion....that is just plain sick.

And what about sociopathic people? Alot of them start out as kids torturing animals.

Not saying all people with mental problems are going to abuse animals, but alot of them are not going to be so nice to them either....sadly. :(

Thank you so much for the reply its very apreciated, i think in regards to sociopaths etc is some people have mental issues others are mentally disturbed, i agree whole heartedly about animal abuse only often being about mainly domesticated animals, i personally focus on poultry... hens are what i like to try and specialize in i adore them :) i only say people with mental health issues should surely make the connection easier because they know how it feels to feel the way these animals do...isolated, scared and just want to be understood. certainly they have souls ive been lucky enough to meet rescued animals and see the rehabilitation. they love so strongly they know they are protected and have nothing to fear its incredible... people without mental health issues often struggle to actually feel certain things to the extent maybe i or you might do.

MotherWolff

Banned
Thank you so much for the reply its very apreciated, i think in regards to sociopaths etc is some people have mental issues others are mentally disturbed, i agree whole heartedly about animal abuse only often being about mainly domesticated animals, i personally focus on poultry... hens are what i like to try and specialize in i adore them :) i only say people with mental health issues should surely make the connection easier because they know how it feels to feel the way these animals do...isolated, scared and just want to be understood. certainly they have souls ive been lucky enough to meet rescued animals and see the rehabilitation. they love so strongly they know they are protected and have nothing to fear its incredible... people without mental health issues often struggle to actually feel certain things to the extent maybe i or you might do.

Ooooohhhh! That makes perfect sense. Yeah. Its no wonder therapists believe in pet therapy. Lots of people suffering with mental issues(not mentally disturbed) respond very well to pets.

Yeah, I totally agree.

The question is, "why is that?"

People like you and me care about animals as individuals and not as part of the food chain.

Maybe its because regular(mentally stable) people do not feel the way we do and the animals in the zoos or factory farms.

I find it interesting that you compared how we must feel similar to animals("isolated, scared, and just want to be understood").