Why are we all young here?

GIOLANDA

Just wondering why most of us have similar ages and we are young people.Is it because young people use the internet more,or because SA seems to affect young people more? If that is true,then maybe if we get older we will be better,as we'll be more experienced and we will mature? I guess that older people don't have big problems with SA,because they have more responsibilities? Or it's because older people just ignore SA matters? What do you think about it?

shipost

young people can use the web, older ones probobly just think their insane and sit inside watching tv...

xxx

I agree with HereAndNow, myself I am 46 and I always knew I have a problem but only couple of years when i realised that SA is what I am suffering of , and to be honest it was better when I ddnt know , at least I had a hope ,or let me say i didnt realise the size of my problem except when I am in the shit , but now I know a lot about it and the worst thing I learned that no real tretment available and I have to spend the rest of my life same way :(

Septor

I think a lot of older people don't even realize that they have sa because they have had it for so long and and they was never diagnose with it when they was younger.So they don't realize that there something wrong or if they do they don't realize it's sa.

Plus I think there some truth that there a lot more younger people using the net then older people.

Elessaar

I think that this happens because young people are in search of the meaning of life.Matures aren't cause they think that had already live their life (although they haven't yet!).EXPLORE YOUR PATH BY ENTERING IN IT

Nubly

i'll be 30 next year but my SA was at its worst when i was younger. although i still have SA, its hard to believe that i was ever as bad as i used to be. im guessing that (for most people) SA gets better as we learn from life

Septor

Nubly said:
i'll be 30 next year but my SA was at its worst when i was younger. although i still have SA, its hard to believe that i was ever as bad as i used to be. im guessing that (for most people) SA gets better as we learn from life

I wish that was true for me. :(

Quixote

It is probably due to a combination of four factors then, here is an attempt to summarize them:

1. The ratio between older and youger people on this forum might have been underestimated. After all nobody made a count.
2. Younger people use the internet more and/or have more spare time to waste on a support site, writing useless posts like me now :)
3. For some people, SA symptoms decrease with time and experience, and perhaps due to the necessity of dealing with problems and overcoming fear (younger people can often choose to escape from problems, if they are young enough to be helped by relatives)
4. Some people who had SP when younger simply might not have made it to older age.

GIOLANDA

Thanks for the replies guys! You gave me some interesting aspects. And Quixote,your reply was so complete,I liked your summary,just like a book!