Why am I such a SWEATY MESS??

Lex365

Hi guys.

I am Alex, 29 from the UK, and my life is been ruled by HH. From the moment I wake up it dictates what I do, what I wear and where I go. I sweat profusely from my back, face/head, arm pits and groin. when I become hot or anxious. Anyone with HH will no doubt know that HH and anxiety or nervousness do not complement each other very well!

I have always sweated more than most. I have been told that even as a small child my hair would be soaking wet wearing a wooly hat in the winter. Playing sports at school I would sweat way more than anyone else so genetics are playing some part here. But now I am to a point where I can soak a t-shirt doing the house work! I can even achieve visible facial sweating walking for anything over 10 minutes in the middle of the winter. So I am sure you can imagine the state I am in walking around in the summer! Its getting worse all the time and I haven't seen anyone else sweating like this, well....ever.

The only thing I can attribute it to is my size. I am around 250lbs at 6 feet tall. This is however mostly muscle as I compete in powerlifting, but how likely is it that my increase is size sending my HH off the chart? I have had blood tests done which have all come back clear for any problems that would relate to HH, such as thyroid for example. I have spent countless hours on the internet trying to find out why I am sweating so much more than I really should be. Just lately I feel like its really taken a turn for the worst as my facial and back sweating has gone through the roof over the last 6 months or so.

All i want is some answers. A cure would be amazing but even if I was told I have a condition that is making me sweat like this, at least its a reason. I would have some comfort in why its happening. As things stand I feel like I am heading for severe depression. Its literally ruining my life and I am running out of places to turn to.

Can anyone relate to this level of extreme all body sweating? Or have any ideas why this is happening? I am doing my best to make sorting this out a priority so any input could really help me out.

Thanks guys.

husky337

My only thought is of you having Hyperhidrosis or maybe severe Hyperhidrosis like a lot of us including me. For me personally, I have been diagnosed with severe hyperhidrosis in my hands, feet, and underarms. I know that there are ones who have hyperhidrosis in other areas as well, commonly the head, groin, and maybe buttocks area. I have been dealing with this condition for over 8 years now and I know it can be very hard at times, there have been really bad days for be where my sweating has spiraled out of control. But I try to remain positive and think of other people who have much worse conditions (this can be hard sometimes as I think people can be selfish at times) and thank the man upstairs for my blessings. I also hope that medical advancements are on the horizon where our condition can be eradicated as surgery is the only solution right now which is highly controversial. There are some apparently that are coming out for people who have sweaty armpits and I will definitely be one of the first to undergo that procedure once it becomes approved, reviews, and accepted mainstream (MiraDry I think? or laser sweat abelation?). I hope that they can use this to target other sweat glands in our bodies to give us our lives back in the future.

So all in all, I can relate to you. My hands, feet, and armpits can drip sweat on some days and it's hard for people to understand how a simple handshake can cause me anxiety and embarassment, let alone being with girls or friends or even in professional settings. It wasn't until very recently that I decided to stop just accepting my condition and living miserably and try and be proactive about it, trying iontophoresis now and oral medications if the ionto doesn't work.

Hope that helps man

geanlove

I talked to a guy who said he sweats alot too! Asked me about my work uniform & if it's comfy or gets me hot? anywho, he told me some medication he takes makes him sweat alot but I hope you discover what you want to know, good luck :)

alvine

All i want is some answers. A cure would be amazing but even if I was told I have a condition that is making me sweat like this, at least its a reason. I would have some comfort in why its happening. As things stand I feel like I am heading for severe depression. Its literally ruining my life and I am running out of places to turn to.

to start with, you are definitely not alone on this situation. second when you said above that you are heading to depression, it already contradict what you initially mentioned that HH and anxiety do not complement. anyhow you are not suppose to bear the burden brought by this condition. i will not make this longer and just communicate to me on this link: Stress Management: Anxiety and Hyperhidrosis HYPERHIDROSIS ENLIGHTENMENT SOCIETY
and this: http://ehsociety.wordpress.com/asia-2/philippines/#comment-51

Last edited:

Prestonator

Hey there!

This is quite an interesting post actually and was wondering if you could maybe answer my question! :D

Say me and my boyfriend were just walking to the shops, he would sweat A LOT when maybe I would be all that much. I mean when I say a lot I wont be sweating but there will actually be sweat running off his back. He is of a normal weight for his height and is only 19. I don't find it particularly disgusting I just don't know whether it is normal or whether he might have a sweat problem....?

SeanBoi

Hi guys.

I am Alex, 29 from the UK, and my life is been ruled by HH. From the moment I wake up it dictates what I do, what I wear and where I go. I sweat profusely from my back, face/head, arm pits and groin. when I become hot or anxious. Anyone with HH will no doubt know that HH and anxiety or nervousness do not complement each other very well!

I have always sweated more than most. I have been told that even as a small child my hair would be soaking wet wearing a wooly hat in the winter. Playing sports at school I would sweat way more than anyone else so genetics are playing some part here. But now I am to a point where I can soak a t-shirt doing the house work! I can even achieve visible facial sweating walking for anything over 10 minutes in the middle of the winter. So I am sure you can imagine the state I am in walking around in the summer! Its getting worse all the time and I haven't seen anyone else sweating like this, well....ever.

The only thing I can attribute it to is my size. I am around 250lbs at 6 feet tall. This is however mostly muscle as I compete in powerlifting, but how likely is it that my increase is size sending my HH off the chart? I have had blood tests done which have all come back clear for any problems that would relate to HH, such as thyroid for example. I have spent countless hours on the internet trying to find out why I am sweating so much more than I really should be. Just lately I feel like its really taken a turn for the worst as my facial and back sweating has gone through the roof over the last 6 months or so.

Can anyone relate to this level of extreme all body sweating? Or have any ideas why this is happening? I am doing my best to make sorting this out a priority so any input could really help me out.

Thanks guys.
Hi Alex,

I am a 29 year old guy also. I have suffered from excessive sweating since a young age.

I am 6ft and about 190lbs, I have always been active and have always played sports. Other than my excessive sweating all over I am very healthy.

My excessive sweating was easily triggered even on cold days. I could be sitting down and my entire back would be soaked. I also would sweat from my backside and the backs of my legs, my shins, feet…. I mean all over, it was very embarrassing. The more active I was the worse the sweat. I live in Ireland so it’s not like we get much hot weather, on just a normal day and I would break out sweating. A simple short walk and I will feel the beads of sweat down my back & bum. I hated it.

I always avoided relationships, mainly because they would end abruptly once the relationship became intimate. Sex sucked for me as I would be a mess of sweat all over. Its a horrible feeling and it got me really upset and down. I felt very alone.

I found a doctor who dealt with this type of condition. He suggested I take a prescription tablet called Cystrin (this tablet contains oxybutynin), this is usually used to treat an overactive bladder or incontinence, not something I suffer from at all. But oxybutynin had one side affect which causes the nerves that trigger sweating to be less sensitive (apologies, I’m sure a doctor can explain this better).

Anyway it’s been over a week since I started taking this and I’m astonished at how it works. I am a very sceptical person and was sure it wouldn't work but it has been such a miracle really. My excessive sweating is gone. I still sweat on hot days but in a way I would consider normal, the sweating from my backside & legs has stopped 100%. On a warm day I will sweat a little on my back but in a completely normal way, nothing to be embarrassed about. Basically I feel like a normal person again. I no longer need to wear t-shirts under my work shirt as I have no sweat to hide. All the small things that would cause me to sweat no longer do.

I suffered from excessive sweating for so long and I know the pain and hurt it causes. I thought I would be it’s prisoner for life. I want to share my story with you as I know how it feels and I hope it can work for you. I would recommend anyone to speak with their doctor about oxybutynin, it may change your life.

I will do my best to reply to anyone who has questions.