Who here recovered from SA or SP?

yay

I recovered from SA/SP this year...
And I was just wondering who else in here has recovered from SA or SP?

Y

Really? Did you recover? Like how much did you recover? %50, %70, %100???

And how did you do that?

Horatio

I consider myself recovered from SP/SA

what I have now is effectively a hangover from so many years in the dark so I still got a lot of work to do but all in all my days with social anxiety are over

Drew

I’ve made some great progress in the past 2 years, but I doubt if I’ll ever consider myself cured. Success seems to be less frequent now. Maybe it’s the law of diminishing returns. However, I’m convinced that there is still room for improvement.

Somehow, I can’t imagine a day when I can say, “Yes I’m totally cured.”

There’s always going to be things I’ll never be able to do (public speaking, presentations), but I’ve accepted that.

Erythrocyte

Congratulations yay! :D :D
I would say I'm only about 40% recovered..
Once I realized that it was SA/SP that was bothering me, the "healing" :roll: began..
It helps to know that you are not destined to be a "friendless-awkward-loser" forever... you CAN beat this...there are ways.... It's hard... but I just KNOW.. it's going to be sooo worth it :D :oops: ...I can't wait... :wink:

scatmantom

I dont have much Social Anxiety any more. University has changed me so much, I am quite popular and know alot of people. Still get nervous around girls but I think thats a differnt problem :oops:

The reason I have managed is exposure to going out and spening alot of time around people. University is such a social environment that had i stayed in my room at the start I would never have lasted to the point im at now (5 gruelling months to go :evil: )

yay

I'm not sure being completely cured, i'd say i'm 95% cured :lol:
I blush a whole lot but i have no problems socializing with others, and making friends however i blush a whole lot but that's just in my blood o.o
My misreable childhood experience caused my sa/sp.
I learned conquer it through facing my fears.

j_mo

hi
i reckon im about 60% recovered, still reckon it sucks tho. i used to be a real mess, now im much less so. Personally i have alot to owe to CBT for helping me out.

All the best everyone

Chrysta

I am doing really well. But then there are things like getting a job, going to college, and stuff that happens when you grow older that I am still scared of and I don't know if I can do them. Right now I would say 95% cured.. but that may change when I get more responsibilities on my plate.

sensitive

I just can't believe this :?

Maybe you haven't had it. I'm happy for you if that's true but still not sure.

And i'm not assuming this something is impossible to recover from.

Jack-B

Anxiety or this unpleasant feeling within the mind is experienced by almost every individual on the planet.

If we can learn to change the focus of our mind, our mind will not observe this unpleasant feeling, it will not appear to us.

Simply realizing everyone elses mind is observing their own anxiety our own anxiety will weaken considerably.

It is as easy as just changing our mind and as hard as facing our biggest demon, we can overcome it if we realize others suffer as we do, we then exchange our fear for compassion, a mind wishing others to be free of their anxiety.

Jack